Sunday 29 July 2012

At the Beach

When I saw the sketch at iSpy Sketches, I knew I wanted to use the long panel for a scene.  In a stroke of luck, the challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments is Beach/Pacific Coast Highway.  Now while I've heard of the Pacific Coast Highway, it is quite literally foreign to me (being from the other side of the world), so I stuck with the beach part of the theme.


The image panel was created using sponges and masking off different areas.  I then used a white gel pen to try and create waves.  The shell was stamped and colored using markers.  I gave it a quick spritz with Champagne Shimmer mist before adhering it to the card with dimensionals.

Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Seaside; Teeny Tiny Wishes; Up Up & Away
Cardstock:  Whisper White
Ink:  Black Stazon; Crumb Cake; River Rock; Baja Breeze; Pool Party
Accessories:  Crumb Cake; River Rock; Baja Breeze; Soft Suede markers; blender pen; white gel pen

Edited to Add:  This card was chosen by Hand Stamped Sentiments as one of their top 3 picks this week.  iSpy Sketches also chose this card as one of their Top 2.   Thanks, guys!

Cheers
Karren





12 comments:

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very Pretty!!! Love the soft color combo- so pretty!!! Love the pop of the Black accents!!!
Perfect beach card!!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

Michelle said...

Beautiful, Karren! I love the soft colours you used to create your gorgeous scene. :-)

Robyn said...

Great version of the sketch and very cleverly done!I love your white gel "waves". Fabulous work!

Erika Clark said...

That inked panel is just gorgeous! I'll bet the shimmer is beautiful. Very pretty beach scene, very serene looking. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments! Erika

Bobbie said...

I adore this card! I never think to use this technique, thanks for the reminder ;) Thanks for playing with us at HSS.

Bev said...

Great idea for the waves. I will have to try that. Very pretty. I do like that panel technique and it is perfect with your color choices.

Elizabeth Price said...

WOW, this is simply stunning! I love the sky, water, and sand and how it is just down the left side. That's so gorgeous. Thanks for being a part of this week's challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

Vickie Z said...

Love the beach/ocean scene you created! Thanks for playing at I Spy!!

~Erica~ said...

Wow! this is so elegant, and that's not something you usually say about a Beach card! Great job! Thanks so much for playing at HSS!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

This is just gorgeous! Love the colors and the simplicity and the white space! Thanks for playing at HSS!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

You have been selected as a Hand Stamped Sentiments Artist Pick for your design this week! You have earned the HSS Artist Pick Badge to display on your blog.
Please email me to obtain the html code.

Thank you for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week!

Come play again!
HSS Design Team
Genny

Kim Teasdale said...

Just beautiful! What a gorgeous scene you have created here :D Thanks for joining us this week over at iSpy Sketches!