Friday 13 July 2012

Fly Away


For my last day of my leave (sniff!) I wanted to play around some more with my Copics.  I chose a really old Penny Black stamp I have had for probably 8 or 9 years.  I thought it would be a good image to practice my shading/blending as it has a colored index label, which I copied 100%.  Once I colored the image, I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches, which I flipped on its side.  The main image is popped up on dimensionals.

Yep, definitely a learning curve to these markers, but they're still fun!

This is the sketch I used:


Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise stated):

Stamps:  Fly Away (Penny Black)
Cardstock:  Basic Black; Shimmer White; Lucky Limeade; Island Indigo; 2011-13 In Color DSP
Ink:  Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories:  In Color Brads; Copic Markers

Cheers
Karren


5 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Cute card! I love your color combination. The Lucky Limeade really pops against the black! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Teresa Zuehls said...

What a cute card for a boy! The image is just darling and your coloring is gorgeous. TFS

Jen Timko said...

Such a sweet image and i love your colors here. The brads are a great touch. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Jen Mitchell said...

Great job coloring that adorable image! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Sannes said...

This is so sweet - reminds me of my son when he was little *sniff*. :) Your coloring looks great and I love the brads. Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!