Thursday 15 November 2012

CCMC227 Shaped Card

Well, this is quite an exciting post for me!  I was invited to join the design team at Create with Connie & Mary for the next 4 1/2 months.  After the initial gulp, there was no way I was going to turn down the invitation and here is my first challenge - a shaped card.



And here is my interpretation of it.



I used the gorgeous Bells & Boughs set along with the Labels Collection Framelits to make this vintage-y Christmas card.

I stamped the bells image in Crumb Cake ink then over-stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso ink.  After I cut out the image and before I removed the framelit, I sponged some Crumb Cake ink around the edges, leaving the center lighter.

The card base is stamped using the gorgeous Illuminate Glimmer ink which is so much nicer in real life.

For the inside I stamped the poinsettia image randomly in Crumb Cake and again sponged around the edges before removing the framelit.


Here is a close-up of the Illuminate Glimmer ink.

I finished the card off with a shabby bow using Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon.

Head on over to Create with Connie & Mary and try your own shaped card.

Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Bells & Boughs, More Merry Messages
Cardstock:  Cherry Cobbler; Very Vanilla
Ink:  Illuminate Glimmer; Crumb Cake; Early Espresso
Accessories:  Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon; Labels Collection Framelits; sponge

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

Congrats on your news Karren! Love your card and all the background stamping and sponging! Love your scrunchy bow too - I'm a big fan of them!

Deb said...

I love the simplicity of this! The sponging and the layering of stamps is just gorgeous! So glad to be working with you on the team!!

Euphoria Marzena Zablonska said...

Very nice, simple card! I like this red :-)

Connie Babbert said...

You ROCKED the shaped card/sketch challenge, Karren! I LOVE the shimmer outside and how you finished off the inside, too. Gorgeous card! Welcome to the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge Team...

Lisa Martz said...

Very pretty! I agree with you about the Illuminate pad...it is easy to miss it in the catalog, but it is so pretty! I hope they add this to the main catalog. Great working with you on Create!

Monika Davis said...

Very nice! I love how you did the sponging - I'll have to try that. Welcome to the challenge - I look forward to seeing your creations each week!
Monika Dais

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I haven't been able to figure out how to use the Illuminate yet and you rocked it! Love the scrunched up ribbon too! Nice to have you on our team!

Christine Blain said...

This is beautiful, Karren! Way to go, you - congrats on your DT spot, love. I really like the sponged framelit die cut, and the way you overstamped the image on top of the bells. Love the ribbon, too.