Saturday 30 March 2013

Get Well Soon, Quin

My 6-year old niece Quin broke her arm on Thursday, so of course I had to make her a card.  This card is uses the sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches and the color challenge at Color Throwdown.


I had just received an order from SU which contained Delightful Dozen and as this is my favorite image in the set (love that font!), it was quite fortuitous that I had to made a Get Well card so soon.  Not so fortuitous for my wee niece though who now has several weeks of wearing a cast :(

I used one of the heart framelits to cut the heart then the scalloped heart from Hearts a Flutter framelits for the Chocolate Chip heart.  I deliberately set the sentiment off-center so the rolled rose and leaves would fit on the heart.



Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Delightful Dozen
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Primrose Petals; Raspberry Ripple; Chocolate Chip; 2012-14 In Color DSP
Ink:  Chocolate Chip
Accessories:  Delicate Designs EF; Lacy Brocade EF; Little Leaves Sizzlet; Hearts a Flutter Framelits; Hearts Framelits; 1 1/4" circle punch; Basic Pearls

Cheers
Karren

5 comments:

Lori said...

Beautiful get well card! Love the tiny rolled rose you added to the sentiment panel. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown. Hope your niece heals quickly!

Christine Blain said...

This is a gorgeous card, Karren; I love how you've used the challenge colours.

Jen Timko said...

Poor Quin!! Oh my!! Well, this is sure to bring her a smile, Karren. Lovely little rosette. Glad to see you this week at FMS!

Amy O said...

How pretty! I love the flower and the embossed scallops. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Denise Marzec said...

So pretty. Love the texture. Thanks for playing in the CTD this week. :)