Wednesday 24 July 2013

With a Side of Butterflies...

This is my second post today.  Scroll down for my nautical card.  It's also my second card for this week's color challenge at Dynamic Duos, which is Calypso Coral and Basic Black, with a dessert option of butterflies.  When I thought of butterflies as a dessert option, the phrase "with a side of butterflies" popped into my head and now I can't get it out - hence the title of this post!

I used the sketch at Paper Players which is a lovely CAS sketch, using one of my favorite card elements - a circle.


I again used the delicious Modern Medley DSP and this time used it with a new-to-me stamp from Papertrey Ink.  I have to say, though, that it really, really bugs me that the panels on the newsprint DSP are not printed straight.  I checked both sheets in the pack and they are both the same. 



Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Stamps:  Thing Big Favorites (PTI)
Cardstock:  Calypso Coral; Modern Medley DSP; Very Vanilla
Ink:  Calypso Coral
Accessories:  Calypso Coral Baker's Twine; Beautiful Wings Embosslit; Basic Rhinestones

Cheers
Karren
 

7 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

Great use of the sketch, Karen! I like how the sentiment takes center stage and the addition of the baker's twine is so sweet! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

Love your take on the sketch, especially with the striking black background! LOL, it would bug me too about the print not being straight! I would have to trim it to make it so! Anyway, paired with the Coral butterflies, it all looks wonderful! Thanks for playing with the Players and sharing your creation!

Susie W. said...

Great combination of newsprint and sheet music dsp. Very pretty card!
Thanks for playing along with us this week at Dynamic Duos!

Christine Blain said...

This is beautiful, Karren!

Unknown said...

Wonderful job on both challenges and such a lovely way to showcase those beautiful DSPs!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos this week, we sure hope to see you back again soon!

Darnell said...

This is a pure delight, Karren! I smell a winner!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Karren, this is darling! I love the mix of patterns and the blinged out butterflies. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players AND Dynamic Duos! :)