Tuesday 5 November 2013

Vellum Snowflakes

The inspiration photo at Merry Monday is very bright and modern this week.



Use the colors red, aqua, white and circles on your card.  

I had the idea for my card for a few days before I got the chance to actually make the card.  I'm happy to say it came out as I'd imagined:


I had the idea of vellum snowflakes over colored punched circles and a white on white layout.  I went with the tiniest Coastal Cabana layer to separate the white layers.  The sentiment comes from an old HeroArts boxed set called Holiday Ribbons and really does look like ribbon.  I adhered my snowflakes onto the circles with dimensionals then had to cover up the dimensional which is where I got to use the whopping Jumbo Rhinestones for the first time!




Go see what the rest of the design team has done with this fantastic inspiration and give it a go yourself.

Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Stamps:  Festive Flurry; Holiday Ribbons (HeroArts)
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Coastal Cabana; Real Red; Vellum Cardstock
Ink:  Versamark; Coastal Cabana
Accessories:  Festive Flurry Framelits; 1 3/8" circle punch; Jumbo Rhinestones

Cheers
Karren

15 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful snowflakes, Karren! Love the layout of your card and those pretty rhinestones! What a fun card!! :)

Linda Callahan said...

Your snowflakes are beautiful backed with the circles of color! Love the clean look!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful idea to back these vellum snowflakes with the colored circles! I LOVE it!

Margaret Moody said...

Beautiful card, Karren! Love your trio of snowflakes!

Susan said...

Great idea - and I love the snowflakes being made of vellum instead of solid cardstock.

Lesley said...

LOVE the vellum! WOW, this card is awesome, Karren!

Karen Davis said...

The snowflakes on the vellum is genius Karren. They look fabulous on the solid circles. I love the all white background with the touch of aqua. An elegant card.

LeAnne said...

Just gorgeous...those snowflakes are beautiful layered over the cardstock, and that sweet little sentiment panel is adorable!

Loll said...

Beautiful design Karen. Brilliant to have the colored circles under the vellum snowflakes ... gives them lots of colors, but shows off the transparency as well - so clever! Loll xx

Benzi said...

Just gorgeous and I think those whopping rhinestones look fabulous. :-)

Notes by Nina said...

Your card is beautiful Karren, your snowflakes are so pretty.

Greta said...

Beautifully created! Love your design!

Susan Joyce said...

Such pretty snowflakes Karren, lovely CAS design.

Rita L said...

Beautiful but am unable to work out how you have reversed the colours on the vellum snowflake. Would you be prepared to share please.

Karren said...

Hi Rita, I don't have an email address for you so hope you will come back to get the answer to your question. I white-embossed the snowflakes onto vellum and cut them using the framelit. I then mounted the snowflake onto a colored circle-punched piece using a dimensional, which is the color you can see behind the snowflake. To hide the dimensional, I used a Jumbo Rhinestone. I've updated the post with a close-up photo of one of the snowflakes.