Thursday 13 February 2014

Ampersand Thanks

Welcome back to Freshly Made Sketches, where Jen Brum has designed a fun sketch with lots of little elements.




I love this sketch and decided to have a bit of fun with it. 


 I punched out 8 circles using my 3/4" circle punch and 8 circles using my 1/2" circle punch.  The bottom layer is from Modern Medley and the top layer from Soho Subway and Epic Day.

To add a bit of interest to the Pool Party layer, I embossed the panel with the Ampersand EF.  The sentiment comes from Another Thank You.  I pulled the ends of the Calypso Coral Baker's Twine between my fingernails to curl the ends.


Thanks for visiting.  If you haven't checked out the Freshly Made Sketches blog, go and check out the amazing samples from the rest of the DT.

Products used:

Stamps:  Another Thank You
Ink:  Island Indigo
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Pool Party, Modern Medley DSP, Epic Day DSP, Soho Subway DSP
Accessories:  Ampersand EF, Neutrals and Regals Candy Dots, Calypso Coral Baker's Twine

Cheers
Karren

13 comments:

Jen Timko said...

Awesome, Karren! The prints are so fun and the big ampersand is a great background!

Linda Callahan said...

Love this bright graphic design and the subtle ampersand in the background!

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh, how I love that embossed ampersand! That makes such a fun background to your colorful circles!

Susanne Vargas said...

This is such a fun take on the sketch! Love it!

Jen Brum said...

Fabulous card Karren! I love that ampersand background! Love, love, love your circles!!! The curly twine tails are the icing on the perfect card!

Cindy Lovell said...

Fantastic card,Karren!! Beautiful colors and i love the curled twine...looks so pretty!!!

Bonnie said...

This is a great way to use this embossing folder! Love the layered circles and the curled twine!

Laurie Unger said...

I love your color combo - great job with the sketch!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Super-cute circles! Love that embossed background sooooo much! Your take on this one is so fun! :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Love it as soon as I saw it in the gallery Karren! I didn't notice the ampersand embossing initially - what a fab touch!

Sandi said...

Love how you curled the ends of the bakers twine and the embossing is great!

Cindy Hall said...

Oh my gosh, this is such a fun card! I love how you did the circles. There's so much to look at, and the color choices are fabulous!

Joni Andaya said...

What a FUN graphic! The circles are perfect!