Tuesday 4 February 2014

The Stockings Were Hung...

This week's  Merry Monday challenge is very traditional - use a stocking or stockings on your card.


I went with a stamp I've had in my stash for years.  It came from a company in the UK called Imagina Clarity and it is part of a series on The Night Before Christmas.


I stamped the image onto Watercolor Paper with Black Stazon ink and colored it using inkpads and an aqua painter.  I went for non-traditional colors, using Island Indigo, Pool Party and Daffodil Delight, with a touch on Old Olive on the mouse's cap.  Staying with the non-traditional theme, I used some DSP from World Spectacular.  Some Candy Dots in opposite corners finished off the card.

I'm linking this card up to Friday Mashup as I've used their sketch, but turned 90 degrees.



Thanks for looking.  Head on over to the Merry Monday blog to see what delicious inspiration the rest of the DT have come up with.  

Products used:

Stamps:  Imagina Clarity
Cardstock:  Island Indigo; Pool Party; Watercolor Paper; World Spectacular DSP
Ink:  Black Stazon; Island Indigo; Pool Party; Daffodil Delight; Old Olive; Smoky Slate
Accessories:  Candy Dots; Square Nesties; Northern Flurry EF.

Cheers
Karren

20 comments:

Wendy said...

Such a fabulous card, Karren! Love this image and your papers! Every time I see stockings I always think of the saying that is on your card. Very festive! Have a wonderful week! :)

Lori Turner said...

Love this card Karren! That image is perfect with the saying along side the pic of the stockings....love your color scheme too - WTG!

Notes by Nina said...

Lovely card Karren, this stamp is fantastic. Have wonderful week.

Kristie Goulet said...

What a great stamp, Karren! Love your take on the sketch too! Have a great week!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Karren, I love the nostalgic theme of your card and the non-traditional colors are wonderful!

Karen Davis said...

A very sweet stocking stamp and a wonderful sentiment. I like the non traditional colours you have used.

Heidi Baks said...

Cute! I love the flipped sketch. Very nice. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful stamp, Karren! And I love the way you've colored it! That's a wonderful layout for this stamp! Have a great week!

Katie Melhus said...

The stars on the DSP are perfectly "repurposed" for Christmas, love the unexpected color combo. Great card!

Darnell said...

Retro and remarkable, Karren! What a sweet vintage card reminiscent of Christmasses past!! Hugs, Darnell

Aileen said...

What a lovely image. Makes a super card. x

LeAnne said...

Oooooh....I just love this little image; I've seen it before (maybe on your blog) and just think it is the sweetest line image ever! Love that you used non-traditional colors too!

Lesley said...

Great stamp and sentiment...love the layout you used too!

Joni Andaya said...

Aww...what a CUTE Stockings Karren! Love the way you colored them, Fabulous :)

Susan Joyce said...

Adorable image Karren and I love the verse that comes with it. Great card.

JD/ Jill said...

Cute image, and you colored it so nicely! I also liked that you used non traditional colors...

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Great card! I love the image you used along with the color combo.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

The colors you used are so gorgeous for a Christmas card Karren and the stocking image is so cute!

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

What a cute Christmas card, Karren. Great take on this week's sketch.
Sara

Judy1223 said...

Karren, this card is so sweet...I love the sketch you followed, and the colors you chose are so beautiful toegther! Whata cool stamp, too! A wonderful Christmas card for your stash!