Thursday 20 March 2014

Dad's Birthday

It's time for another Freshly Made Sketch challenge and this week, our lovely hostess is Rita Wright.  Rita has given us a fantastic sketch which has wide open spaces for DSP or stamping or coloring or whatever you want!



I decided to go the coloring route.  My Dad's 81st birthday is next month and as a joke, I bought a digi stamp from Mo's Digital Pencil that I used for his card.



Disclaimer:  My Dad looks nothing like this - he's still young and sprightly and very handsome!

My Dad pretends to be grumpy when we acknowledge his birthday or give him a gift.  It happens every year without fail, so this year, I thought I'd play to that "grumpiness" and make an appropriate card!  I printed Grumpy Old Man onto Xpress-it cardstock and colored him with Copics.  I layered him onto Basic Black and used some DSP for the bottom panel.  Some red twine finishes off the outside.




For the inside, I went a bit cheeky with this:



I left plenty of room at the bottom for a personal note (possibly begging forgiveness for being so cheeky LOL).

Thanks for visiting.  If you haven't checked out the rest of the fabulous cards by the DT, head on over now.  I'd love to see your card in the gallery!

Products used:

Stamps:  Digi stamp by Mo's Digital Pencil, Shenanigans (Casual Fridays)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  Real Red, Basic Black, Xpress-it, Brights DSP (retired)
Accessories:  Copics, red twine

Cheers
Karren

14 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a fun card - great image and sentiment - I'm sure your dad will take it in good humor!

Cindy Lovell said...

What a fun card!!! :) I LOVE the image :) and your coloring is awesome!!!

Bonnie said...

Cute image! Love how you've colored it and the red twine!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Hahaha this is the coolest image ever for a dad! Love, love, love him and his grumpy face! Hope your dad has the best birthday ever!

Cindy Hall said...

I love this card, both inside and out! Your coloring skills are crazy-good! Maybe your dad will heed the warning for fear of ending up looking like this! :)

Linda Callahan said...

This card is a hoot! Love it! Your coloring is amazing girl!

Louise said...

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. Nice card you make, I love the image!.

gr.LOuise

Jen Brum said...

Okay, this is hilarious! I love that card and you do such an amazing job colouring! I sure hope your dad forgives you!!! Love the sentiment inside! I need to get this for my mom and dad!!!!!

Teresa Kline said...

fabulous coloring, luv the sentiment too!

sparkle & shine *~*

Greta said...

I love that sketch & you've used it perfectly! Your dad is just going to love this, but he might not admit it--LOL!

Scrappy Géri said...

Ouuuhhh Nice one Karren and wonderful colouring with Bright colours ;)

Monika Reeck said...

I love the great coloring on the Image and nice DP in red you used...for you to know last night I made my card using this sketch and I hook look at your card and get inspired using the dots Design Paper too..what a lovely bright card...love this


I see your card as DT member on the Freshly Made Sketches,,...hope you like to see my creation on my Blog because I just join the challenge on Freshly Made Sketches..big hugs, Monika

Jen Timko said...

This is so funny, Karren! That stamp just has me chuckling every time I see the card. Perfect sentiment to go with it. Love it!

Rita W said...

This card is so hilarious! I hope it went over well; it is perfect for the birthday grump.