Saturday 25 April 2015

Dandelion Dreams

Hi! It's the start of a three day weekend here as we're celebrating ANZAC Day today, where we commemorate those who were killed in war and honour returned servicemen and women.  The day falls on the 25th of April, but in terms of public holidays it has been Mondayised and so this year we get Monday off work. 

To start the weekend (and after housework, of course), I made a card for a couple of challenges that I haven't had a chance to play in for a while.  The ombre cue word at CASology is particularly appealing as I love the ombre look.  I combined that with the colors at Color Throwdown and the sketch at Pals Paper Arts - although I did take the sketch a bit liberally :) 



I created an ombre panel by sponging with Lemon Chiffon, Goldenlocks and Sunshine inks, going from light to dark.  I then used my Misti to stamp the dandelion heads on both the ombre panel and the card base and getting them in exactly the right place!  Gotta love the Misti!  I used a Copic Multiliner to draw the stems as the ones that come with the set weren't long enough.  I flicked some water onto the panel to give a bit of added interest as well.

I layered the ombre panel onto some black card and then onto the card base.



Thanks for visiting.


PPA249



Products used:

Stamps:  Dandelion Dreams (Clearly Besotted)
Ink:  Archival Black (Ranger), Lemon Chiffon, Goldenlocks, Sunshine (SSS)
Cardstock:  White, Black
Accessories:  sponge, water, Copic multiliner

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got top honors at CASology and a shout-out at Color Throwdown.

22 comments:

Margaret said...

Love your CAS card - thanks for explaining how you made it. Enjoy your long weekend!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Karren, love the ombre effect. We don't have a public hol in NSW so sadly it's work for me on Monday, enjoy your break, Cathy x

Cheryl Hamilton said...

Beautiful card, Karren! I love the sponging effect and the black makes it very dramatic!
Cheryl

OH Babs said...

Beautiful CAS card, and the ombre sponging is perfect.

Mike said...

This is so classy, Karren. Love the simplicity of this! Thanks for playing with Pals Paper Arts!

Jen Mitchell said...

Ooh, this is gorgeous! The ombre layer is perfect for those simple stems.

Linda Callahan said...

Hello Gorgeous!

Greta said...

Jaw dropping--LOVE this card, Karren!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is just lovely Karren!

Denise Basile said...

This is stunning, Karren.

Ardyth said...

So pretty - I love the simple use of colour to create a real atmosphere! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Marika said...

Beautiful ombre and I've seen you use this stamp earlier and every time you make a perfect card out of it! I would love to have this on my birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I really like this a lot!

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful card! Love the color blending. I love my MISTI, too :)

Joan Ervin said...

Absolutely gorgeous...I looove your silhouettes!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the ombre panel! Beautiful card! So glad you joined us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

Unknown said...

Clean, simple, and stunning! Thanks for joining us at Paper Arts.

Unknown said...

Clean, simple, and stunning! Thanks for joining us at Paper Arts.

Debbie said...

stunning well derserved win

Lesley said...

Stunning card, Karren!

Claire said...

Congrats on your win at Casology Karren - stunning card!

JD/ Jill said...

Stunning card...Great job with all the challenge...this card is a "winner!"