Wednesday 23 March 2016

Birthday Squares

Welcome to Wednesday - when a new sketch debuts at Freshly Made Sketches!  This week our hostess is Cindy Hall, who frequently blows me away with the details in her gorgeous cards.


As soon as I saw those squares, I thought of my Quadrangle Frames dies by SSS.


I went with a cool color scheme - Sea Glass, Audrey Blue, Fog, Smoke, White and Black.  This card was simple to make.  I laid a strip of Sea Glass cardstock onto a white card base, then popped up the two white panels using foam tape, letting the Sea Glass peek through. The frames were cut from scrap cardstock and adhered using spray adhesive.  Finally, I stamped the sentiment from Label Love, cut it out and adhered it to the card base.  No embellishments because I think this is quite a masculine card.


Thanks for visiting.  The design team have some stunning samples for you, so be sure to check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Label Love (Altenew)
Ink:  Ranger Archival Black
Cardstock:  White, Sea Glass, Audrey Blue, Fog, Smoke (SSS)
Dies:  Quadrangle Frames (SSS)

Cheers
Karren

14 comments:

Hannelie said...

You know will love this, don't you!? Fabulous graphic take on the sketch!

Susanne Vargas said...

Those frames are on my wish list and I love the graphic card you made with them! Great color combo!

Rosemary said...

fun take on the sketch... love those frames!!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

Linda Callahan said...

those frames are wonderful! Love this funky card! Totally fun!

Amy O said...

Well these dies are just perfect for this sketch! And I love the color combo you've used. This is a fun graphic card, Karren!

Jen Mitchell said...

I agree this is a bit of a masculine card. And what a fabulous masculine card it is! The colors are fab and I can't stop looking at those cool squares!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great masculine card! I love it! Those squares are so awesome! Love the colours too!

Jen Timko said...

I didn't even know there was such a thing as these dies.....so incredibly cool!!! And your colors. Love them (I am NOT buying them...no you will not make me......)!

Cindy Hall said...

This is the epitome of the perfect man-card! Love the graphic images, the colors and the sentiment done label-maker style. All perfect elements for a guy's card.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very clever use of the sketch!

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply wonderful! Thanks for the inspiration!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I know I say this every time, but you always have the perfect stamps for every sketch! Awesome card!

Petra Swart said...

Love those frame dies, Karren!!!! Wonderful graphic look and beautifully CAS!!!