Tuesday 22 March 2016

Rule the World

Hi!  Today's card uses the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch and made for the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.  I'm not sure that it's very Spring-like, but I'll use the excuse that it's coming into autumn where I live, so it's hard to feel Spring-y ;)


I'm really not sure about this card, but I'm putting it out there anyway.  I stamped the images using Verve sets Better With You and Coffee.  I stamped the coffee cups onto Desert Storm cardstock as well as white and paper-pieced them together.  The pink polka dots are my nod to Spring and were stamped using one of the images from Geometric Style onto a scrap and then I over-stamped with the coffee cup and cut out the band.  The two bands are liberally painted with clear Wink of Stella.


Thanks for visiting!

12661786_10208877635328742_1011373880191829209_n



Products used:

Stamps:  Better With You, Coffee (Verve), Geometric Style (Clearly Besotted)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid (MFT), Hollyhock, Sparrow (SSS)
Cardstock:  White, Desert Storm
Accessories:  Copics, Wink of Stella

Cheers
Karren

32 comments:

Hannelie said...

I just returned from my morning walk with Sugar... and now I am going to make myself a nice cup of coffee!
Your card is fabulous Karren! Love your take on ur sketch this week. thanks for playing!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

CAS and very pretty...great layout and like your piecing of the sleeves and coffee rings and beans. Great card.

TracyM #6773 said...

FUN card Karren :)
LOVE your sentiment and colour combo, the pop of pink against the coffee cup & stains looks so pretty!!!

CarlavdM said...

I just finished my 1st cuppa Coffee of the day.
What a wonderfull card you have made with the coffeestains underneath as part of the sketch.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Ha! I love this sentiment! Yet another I've never seen before!

Hetty said...

This is a super card, Karren!

Aileen said...

Karren, it works. The pink adds the Spring feel. Love the way you have done this card and that sentiment 'perfect'. I'm sure its about me!!!

SonjaK said...

Absoltuely fun coffee card! Totally love your take on the sketch.

Karen B. said...

Such a fun arrangement on your card, love it!

~amy~ said...

The pink makes it springy! I know it's harder for those of you across the pond to get into the mood of our seasons so I totally appreciate it :)

Shelly said...

Fabulous card!

Sylvia said...

Cute card, Karren, love your paper pieced sleeves on your cups! Happy Tuesday and Happy Hopping!

Lisa said...

Yes! Yes you could! Love it!

Becca Yahrling said...

I love this pretty card! And the sentiment.

Tonya said...

Great card!!!

Migdalia said...

Super cool and Fun!

Ceal said...

cute card!

Ann said...

Yep, to rule the world you need two cups! Ha! Cute card.

Helen F. said...

Oh, this is a great card!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card...love your sweet coffee cups!

Bunny said...

I love the brown and pink. Very nice card.

Terri said...

Coffee perfection...love love!

Celeste Goff said...

Fabulously designed card and that sentiment rocks!

D.Ann C said...

What's not to like about your fun card?!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is fabulous! Love those little pink polka dotted java jackets!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Fun card. TFS

Jen Mitchell said...

I think this card is plenty spring-like. People drink coffee in the spring, right? Fabulous take on the sketch, BTW!

Debbie said...

love, love, LOVE this!

StampingbugKerry said...

Yummy! Love that you added TWO cups and lots of stains. :)

Gail said...

Lovely card!

Tracie Pond said...

Super....It looks like your coffee cups are running =)