Sunday 6 March 2016

Watercolored Roses

Hi and welcome!  Today I'm thrilled to be a guest over at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.  I love that challenge and play along whenever time permits.  Check out this week's challenge:


Are these not fabulous colors?  For my card, I decided to get out my Zig markers and chose colors as close to the challenge colors as possible.


I white embossed the outline images from Scribble Roses and colored with my Zig markers.  After I'd die-cut all the pieces, I arranged them how I wanted and used some Press n Seal to keep the arrangement in place (love that stuff!).  I die-cut a strip of Fog cardstock with a scalloped edge die and adhered that to a white card base that I'd lightly spritzed with some Gold Color Shine.  I then stuck down my flowers before removing the Press n Seal from them.  The sentiment was die-cut from black card and liberally coated with Wink of Stella.



Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to check out the wonderful creations by the Cupcake Inspirations DT and have some fun with these colors.



Products used:

Stamps:  Scribble Roses (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Black, Fog, Watercolor
Dies:  Scribble Roses (MFT), Wet Paint (PTI), Stitched Scallop Border (Lawn Fawn)
Accessories:  Zig Markers, Wink of Stella, Gold Color Shine (Heidi Swapp)

Cheers
Karren

6 comments:

Patrice said...

Ooooooh very pretty, Karren. Gorgeous colours, and really sweet little roses. I've never heard of Press n Seal - you always find the cool stuff. Off to do a google now lol. x

Suchi said...

Very pretty watercoloring !! :)
Suchi xx

Rosemary said...

gorgeous watercoloring!!

Deborah Frings said...

So pleased to have you as our Surprise Sweetie! Your flowers are so pretty - it sure looks like spring! Deborah, DT.

Naki said...

Thank you so much for being our surprise sweetie this week! I LOVE this beautiful card! The gold splatter on the background is so pretty, and your flowers are simply gorgeous! Hope to see more of your stunning cards!!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Karren, your card is SO pretty! Thrilled to have you as our Surprise Sweetie this week!