Monday 11 July 2016

Butterfly Tag

Welcome!  Today's card was inspired by the colors at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, the sketch at Fab Friday and the birds, bees or butterflies theme at Seize the Birthday.



I was playing around with the SSS challenge colors on a piece of watercolor paper and first I splashed on some Distress Inks using the wet-on-wet technique, before drying with my heat tool.  Then I got out some layering stencils and inked through the Scribble stencil with Chipped Sapphire ink, the Numbered stencil with Hickory Smoke ink and the Measured stencil with Peacock Feathers ink.  Lastly, I spritzed the whole panel with Perfect Pearls shimmer spray before die-cutting with a tag die.  It looks really pretty and almost like it's tie-dyed in real life.

The sentiment was stamped with Archival Black ink using Sending and Wishing set by SSS.  I then adhered a white die-cut butterfly to the tag.  This butterfly was one of a selection kindly sent to me by Barb Ghig and I've been hoarding them for several weeks but decided to actually use one on this card :)

The card base is PTI's Soft Stone and I've debossed the front with the Weathered embossing folder.  A little twine bow and some sequins finish the card.


Thanks for visiting.



july-inspiration-board

Products used:

Stamps:  Sending and Wishing (SSS)
Ink:  Archival Black, Chipped Sapphire, Scattered Straw, Peacock Feathers, Hickory Smoke
Cardstock:  Soft Stone (PTI), white, watercolor
Dies:  Tag Sale #3 (PTI), Floral & Fauna (Concord & 9th)
Accessories:  Measured, Numbered, Scribbles stencils (Tim Holtz), sequins, Weathered EF (Taylored Expressions), twine

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Nancy said...

Gorgeous colors on your tag which is an awesome way to showcase your white butterfly! Lovely card Karren! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday and using the topping as well!

Heather said...

Oh, these colors are lovely! Lovely job blending them into a background for that delicate butterfly! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

I Card Everyone said...

REally lovely, Karren! LOve that butterfly die!! xx
=]

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the colorful tag and pretty die cut butterfly. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

Barb Ghig said...

I'm so happy to see that you've found a home for your butterfly! Really gorgeous background and fabulous tag, Karren!

Rosemary said...

lovely card... the tag is so pretty!

Petra Swart said...

Your tag looks amazing, Karren!!!! The colours and patterns you worked with really created an awesome look!!!! And the delicate butterfly is simply stunning on your tag!!!! Such a beautiful card!!!! Wonderfully done!!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugz

Susanne Vargas said...

So, so pretty!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, I'm so happy to see that you used your butterfly for this really beautiful card! Love your watercoloring on the tag...it really does look like tie-die! I also love how you debossed your card base...Such a great way to add texture! You did an amazing job combining challenges too, Karren!

Amanda Mertz said...

Such pretty layering! I like the colors a lot and the swirls and numbers are a great combo for the stencils! I wish I could see all that shimmer in real life but I'm imagining how awesome it looks! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

I don't know what else to say but gorgeous! The bright tag looks so great against the white! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!