Thursday 10 November 2016

Christmas Wreath

Welcome to another challenge from the team at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week, our hostess is the lovely and talented Jen Brum and here is her fabulous sketch.


I made this card on the weekend and my mojo took off on a holiday on its own, so this card was a struggle - even though I love the sketch.



I stamped and die-cut the wreath and bow and mounted it onto a Simply Chartreuse circle.  The sentiment panel was stamped with Versamark and embossed with a new-to-me glitter embossing powder (which of course, you can't see in the photos!)  The whole panel is popped up on foam tape.  I colored the bow with a clear glitter pen and it completely smudged all the lines :(  


Thanks for visiting!  Be sure to check out the fabulous creations made by the rest of the DT.  They're sure to inspire you.

Products used:

Stamps:  Deck the Halls (PTI), Merry Little Christmas (WP9)
Ink:  Simply Chartreuse, Dark Chocolate, Pure Poppy (PTI), Versamark
Cardstock:  Desert Storm, Black, White, Simply Chartreuse
Dies:  Deck the Halls (PTI), Blueprints 24, Stitched Fishtail Flag Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Wink of Stella, Diamond White Embossing glitter (Wow)

Cheers
Karren



10 comments:

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such sweet holiday card, Karren! Those bright color look gorgeous on kraft.

Linda Callahan said...

Love this sweet wreath! And yep I am a total fan of kraft on holiday cards!

Rosemary said...

gorgeous take on the sketch, karren!!

Jen Timko said...

This wreath is awesome. Love that pop of black against the kraft!

Karen Davis said...

The bright Christmas colours on the kraft background are perfect Karren. Love the wreath!

Jen Mitchell said...

I think this is just lovely. For some reason I love a kraft background for Christmas cards. And in this case it is perfect for showing off that black sentiment layer and your beautiful wreath. The colors are so vibrant!

Jen Brum said...

Well, this is no evidence at all that you struggled with this card!!! That wreath is gorgeous and I love the Kraft background and white embossed sentiment! So beautiful for Christmas!

Barb Ghig said...

Fabulous take on the sketch, Karren! I love your wreath and the long streamers on your bow are so pretty! By the way, I think it looks great without the lines...and I'll bet it's totally sparkly in person, too! Beautiful card!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow Karren! Such a pretty wreath ! It so nicely pops on the kraft background and the black banner.

Darnell said...

I feel quite special to be the recipient of this remarkable Christmas card, Karren, especially now that I know you struggled with it! It's beautiful and I will treasure it, knowing that you sent it with more than your usual amount of TLC inside!! Happy Holiday Hugs and best wishes for a blessed new year! Darnell