Thursday 30 November 2017

Christmas is coming


Hi!  I'm back with a card using the latest sketch from Freshly Made Sketches!  This week our sketch hostess is the lovely and talented Amy O'Neill.  Here is Amy's sketch:

As did a couple of the other girls in the design team, I chose to use snowflakes for my "stars".  This is a pretty simple card and I took a leaf from my teamie, Jen's card from last week.  She inlaid her circular element and I decided to do some dry-embossing to represent the oval panel. 


The Fog stitched panel was dry-embossed with the oval then adhered to a white top-folding card base.  The snowflakes were cut from white glitter paper and added to the card.  I then added a pale blue Nuvo Jewel Drop to each snowflake.  The sentiment has three white layers and one black layer to add dimension.


Thanks for visiting!  Head on over and check out the fabulous creations made by the rest of the design team.

I'm linking this to the challenge at AAA Cards where they are celebrating Christmas.


Products used:

Cardstock:  White, Fog, Black, White Glitter
Dies:  Let it Snowflake Too, Merry Christmas, Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT), Stitched Ovals (Lil Inkers)
Accessories:  Nuvo Jew Drops

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Amy O said...

This is beautiful, Karren! I LOVE the stitched inlaid oval and the look of the sparkly snowflakes against the gray base. Snowflakes are perfect for the sketch.

Barb Ghig said...

Such an elegant take on the sketch, Karren! I love your choice of snowflakes and how you added Nuvo Drops on white glitter...so pretty! Don't you just love the font on this sentiment? Thanks for reminding me to take mine out for a play :)

Lyn said...

Such a beautiful card Karren <3

Linda Callahan said...

This is so elegant.....how can you not love a color named Fog? Gorgeous!

I Card Everyone said...

Never a better stand-in as far as I can see, Karren! Of course, if one starts with the perfect grey base, how can it ever go wrong???
Clean, crisp, and gorgeous!
=]

Jen Brum said...

What a gorgeous card Karren! Those snowflakes are so pretty and I love the neutral colours! Love the dimension on your sentiment!!! So perfect for Christmas!

Cara said...

This is so stylish and elegant x

Kim S said...

LOVE your neutral colors - with the bit of glitter and the bit of blue in the center of the snowflakes.

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow! I love how you embossed the oval (why don't I know how to do this??). And the bold sentiment in black is fantastic!

Jen Timko said...

Ooooh, I need to do this with embossing with the dies! So great. And the sparkle from the snowflakes is gorgeous.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh I love this card! The colours you've used and especially the black sentiment make for a fabulous Christmas card combo - and those glittery snowflakes are just awesome!