Thursday 11 January 2018

You are the Best

Welcome to the first Freshly Made Sketch Challenge of the year!  This week our hostess is Rita Wright and she has come up with one of my favorite types of sketches - long vertical panels.




I made this card using the photo inspiration at SugarPea Designs as well as the Thankful challenge at Time Out and the Anything Goes challenge at Just Us Girls.  From the photo, I was drawn to the white with the soft gray background with spots of darker gray, so I tried to replicate that in my color choices.


I die-cut the "thanks" die from SPD several times and adhered it to a panel die-cut with a stitched border.  Once that was finished, I sprayed it with Irridescent Glitter Dust to give it a nice shimmer almost like frost.  A dark gray strip was added down either side and then it was adhered to a Grout Gray top-fold card base to which I had added a stitched line down each side.


The sentiment was made using two separate stamps from the Sweet Sentiments - You set and white embossed onto the dark gray cardstock.  I die-cut it with a slanted sentiment strip and then on the straight edge, I die-cut it with a stitch line die.  I finished the card with some tiny little star sequins.

Thanks for visiting.  The design team have put this sketch to great use and have some fabulous cards to show you so please head on over and check them out.




Products used:

Stamps:  Sweet Sentiments - You (SugarPea Designs)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Stone Gray, Gravel Gray (MFT)
Dies:  Thanks (SPD), Blueprints 23, Basic Stitch Lines, Slanted Sentiment Strips (MFT)
Accessories:  Atmosphere Sequins (Little Things), Glitter Dust

Cheers
Karren




18 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great TY card - love it in the neutral colors too. Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Linda Callahan said...

The repeated die cuts look wonderful in the background - so classy in gray tones!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love this wonderful neutrals creation. Great design. Love the repeated die cuts and the stitches and stars are the perfect touch for this beauty. Thanks fo joining us at Time Out.

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful card Karren! I love the diecut background! So subtle but so elegant!

Jen Mitchell said...

Love that white on white sentiment panel. The wee stars are a great touch!

Amy O said...

Wow! I love the repeated die-cuts, and the little touches like the stars and sparkle are perfect. Gorgeous card, Karren!

Cara said...

I love how stylish this is. Great take on the sketch x

Lynn said...

Love the white on white! Fabulous!

Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Stampingcountry said...

Pretty card! Love your white on white!

Barb Ghig said...

Ooooh, I love this card, Karren! You did an amazing job with the sketch and I love how you added shimmer to the die cut words! Beautiful crisp, clean color palette, too!

Kim S said...

LOVE the subtle "thanks" and the sprinkling of silver stars!

Nora Noll said...

I am loving the gray and white colors on this!! Your use of the repeated thanks is fantastic!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I love the way you've layered your sentiments - it's so very striking!

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply beautiful Karren! Love the tiny stars and embossed sentiment! Thanks for the inspiration!

HilaryJane said...

I have always loved whiten white cards, your use of grey really enhances the effect, very stylish x

Ardyth said...

Love the look of the white on white - a subtle way to emphasize the thanks message! Thanks for joining us at SugarPea Designs!

~amy~ said...

Really love your color palette! Love the added sequin stars!
Thanks for joining us at SugarPea Designs!

Kerin said...

Love the texture and such a clean design! Thanks for joining us at SugarPea Designs!