Saturday 17 March 2018

Easter Baby

Hi and welcome!  This morning I made this card using the sketch at MFT Stamps, the inspiration photo at Just Add Ink and the Easter-Inspired challenge at Simon Says Stamp.



From the JAI photo (congrats on 400 challenges, by the way!), I was inspired by the pastel colours of the eggs and the speckles so I tried to replcate that in my alcohol ink panel.  I chose my lightest colours of alcohol ink as well as Copper Mixative and went to town on a panel of Alcohol Ink cardstock.  When it was dry, I spritzed it with some Distress Resist Spray and once that was dry, I lightly went over the whole panel with Micro Glaze.


I die-cut the sentiment with copper foil cardstock as well as the strip down the left hand side.  And because the photo (and Spring in general) puts me in mind of babies and new life, I decided to add a new baby sentiment, white-embossed on black.

Here's a close-up of the texture created by the Distress Resist Spray.  This stuff is really cool!


Thanks for visiting!




Products used:

Stamps:  Yay for You (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark, Alcohol Inks
Cardstock:  White, Black, Copper, Alcohol Ink Cardstock
Dies:  So Many Yays (MFT)
Accessories:  Nuvo Jewel Drops, Distress Resist Spray

Cheers
Karren

6 comments:

Lou said...

What a stunner Karren. I love your delicate alcohol ink panel and the texture on it. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink.

Virginia L. said...

AWESOME CAS card! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Easter Inspired” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Kara Lynne said...

Such a beautiful pastel AI panel! I love the texture and the copper!

Jan said...

Wow, such a fabulous background Karren - full of gorgeous details! And I love your Yay for a baby sentiment - so sweet!! So lovely to have you come back to join us for our 400th challenge at Just Add Ink.xx

KimB said...

I was wondering if alcohol inks was how you made the panel Karren. I love the soft effect you got and it has so much depth of texture too! Loving the copper highlights too! So glad you could join us this week at Just Add Ink. x

Kelly Kent said...

Gorgeous card Karren! Love the soft & pretty colours of the panel - what a sweet baby card! Thanks for joining us for the big 400! Kelly x