Saturday 30 June 2012

10th Birthday Card

Next week is my youngest son, William's 10th birthday.  Today is my last chance to make him a birthday card.  I used this week's Fall To Layout plus the color challenge from Just Add Ink.

I really loved the sketch and decided to stick with the star images.  However, Marina Mist is not one of my favorite colors, so working that into the card was a bit of a challenge.  Luckily, William's favorite color is green, so hopefully he'll like the card.  I took inspiration from Christine Blain's cool card and went for a grungy look.



I randomly stamped images from PTI's Grunge Me set over the card base and also over the stars and the "10".  The hardest part was deciding what to stamp in the Very Vanilla panel.

Details of the challenges:




Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise stated):

Stamps:  Grunge Rock; Grunge Me (PTI)
Cardstock:  Early Espresso; Wild Wasabi; Marina Mist; Very Vanilla
Ink:  Early Espresso; Wild Wasabi; Marina Mist
Accessories:  Large and Small Star Punches; MFT Fishtail Flags Die; Timeless Type Sizzix Alphabet Die

Edited to Add:  This card received an Honorable Mention at Just Add Ink this week.  Thanks, guys!

Cheers
Karren

6 comments:

Christine Blain said...

I LOVE this card, Karren! How great are the colours for a boy card (even if you're not a huge fan of the blue?!)!! I'm honoured that you were inspired by me; I am a great fan of your work, you know. I love stars on cards for boys, and you've hit this challenge out of the park. Happy birthday to William for next week - double digits is a bit exciting. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink :)

Sherry Eckblad said...

This is so cute! Love how you did the stars.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Karren you've created a seriously cool boy card with these colours! I've just ordered this stamp set after seeing the fabulous boy cards out there with the guitar! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

KimB said...

What a wonderful boy's birthday card Karren. I love the extra detail of the stamping on the stars - just adds so much! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Jodene said...

This is such a great card Karren, perfect for a 10 year old boy! I hope that William has a wonderful 'double digit' birthday :) Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink.

Anonymous said...

very cool card Karren! Love this stamp set myself..must bust it out. Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for playing along with JAI