Sunday 16 September 2012

Delightful Decorations

For my second Christmas card for my upcoming class, I used this week's color combo at Dynamic Duos and the sketch at iSpy Sketches.  I'm late to the party because I'm only just starting to love Lucky Limeade as a color.  It really pops when used with Basic Black.


I know it doesn't look like it, but the black polka dot DSP is actually three strips - the bakers twine covers up the gaps.

The decorations are clear embossed making them nice and shiny IRL.  There is a rhinestone in the center of the bottom decoration.




Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Delightful Decorations; Petite Pairs
Cardstock:  Basic Black; Lucky Limeade; Whisper White; Neutrals DSP
Ink:  Versamark; Lucky Limeade
Accessories:  Clear EP; Ornament Punch; White Bakers Twine; Basic Rhinestones



10 comments:

Mynn xx said...

This is beautiful! LOVE the lime green with the black--it's a stunning holiday combo! :)

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the clear embossing and the touch of sparkle Karren!

Kim S said...

I'm glad you are starting to love Limeade because I love seeing what you do with it! Lovely card!! So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

Patrice said...

Love the Limeade and Black as a combo - looks great. I really need to catch up and start some Chrissy cards. Love yours!

Anonymous said...

Really pretty. ;-) This card looks like you've been using Lucky Limeade all your life! Great use of the colors. Glad you could join Dynamic Duos this week. ;-)

Nance Leedy said...

This is a great take on the sketch and I love the unexpected twist of black & green for christmas! Thanks for leaving some comment hugs on my blog! :-)

Susan Joyce said...

Fantastic card love the Lucky Limeade decorations. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

Allisa said...

Who knew............this would be a great color combo for a Christmas card! Love it! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

Vickie Z said...

Love these colors! Ornaments are wonderful! Thanks for playing at I Spy!!

Joan Whitsett Lowder said...

Karen, I need help on one of your old cards but can't find your email. Maybe you can email me? jlowder1@bellsouth.net I'd appreciate it. It's your card but I can't find it on your blog.