Monday 29 October 2012

Indigo Thanks

I had a bit of spare time this evening so I decided to make a card for this week's color challange at Create with Connie & Mary.  I really like these colors together and decided to go clean and graphic for this card.


For this card, I used the Timeless Type Sizzlets to die cut the word "Thanks".  This took a slightly larger than usual card base to fit on.  I cut an inch off the bottom of the card front and positioned the letters across the top.  I then lined up the top of the letters and adhered to the shortened card base.  A few rolled flowers in Daffodil Delight and a couple of leaves and the card is finished.


Thanks for looking.

Before I sign off, my 10-year old son William made a card and has asked me (several times!) to post it on my blog.  The flower is something I had made and put in my "To Use Someday" box.  William made the rest and has plans to give it to his girlfriend.  So without further ado:



Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Cardstock:  Whisper White; Island Indigo; Lucky Limeade; Daffodil Delight
Accessories:  Timeless Type Sizzlets; Little Leaves Sizzlet; 1 3/8" circle punch

Cheers
Karren

Edited to add:  This card was chosen as a Top 3 pick at Create with Connie & Mary.

11 comments:

Melissa Davies said...

BOTH cards are FANTASTIC! I really like how you split the card with the Sizzix letters. The little dainty flowers are just adorable!

William did a fabulous job, too! His girlfriend is one lucky lady!!

Thanks for joining us thie week at Create with Connie & Mary!

Deb said...

I love your clean and graphic card! What a really cool and creative way to use die cut letters! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

William, I think your card is fabulous!! I think it would be perfect to give to your girlfriend! You did a super job!!

Lisa Martz said...

Great cards! I really like how you did the wording on the "thanks" card...very creative! Love your little rolled flowers as well. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I just made a card like this for Christmas and I love how it all comes together with letters like yours. And your son has talent! Thanks for playing at Create with Connie & Mary this week!

Monika Davis said...

Very nice card. I have seen something like this before and have it on my list of "I'll try that one day" - I think the one I saw had a clear window sheet in the space. I can't see that on yours. And your son did a great job with his card too! Thanks for joining us for our color challenge at Create with Connie & Mary!
Monika

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

Beautiful card and it looks like you've got a little stamper in the making too! William's card is just precious. Thank you so much for playing along with our Thursday Challenge at Create With Connie and Mary, and I look forward to seeing more of your designs next week!

Anonymous said...

Very different! Thanks for playing along with us at Create with Connie and Mary!

Connie Babbert said...

What a fun and clever "Thanks" card! I'll have to try that! Oh...your son's card is darling...what to start them young! lol! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

OH WOW!!! Yep...I think that covers it! LOVE IT!!! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

CG said...

Wow, what a stunning card. And I love your son's card too!

Gisela said...

Love what you did with the "thanks", like your style and blog a lot of inspiration. Creative boy you have!! Very cute.