Saturday 28 September 2013

Autumnal Squares

Today's card for the Freshly Made Sketch Challenge is a bit deceptive, and because of that, I'm also entering it into this week's CASology challenge.  



The deceptive bit about this card is that all the squares are masked and sponged so while it looks multi-layered, it's actually pretty CAS!

I cut masks using square nesties and acetate and sponged Cajun Craze and Old Olive ink in the smaller squares and Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze in the large square.  Keeping the masks in place, I then stamped the water droplets image in Smokey Slate.  I then went around all the squares with the fine end of my Basic Black marker and a ruler.

The leaf was stamped in Old Olive and sponged before being cut out.  After it was cut, I ran around the edges of the leaf with Basic Black marker.  The sentiment was stamped onto Whisper White and cut out using one of the Labels Nesties.   It was all layered onto a Cajun Craze card base.

If you look carefully, you can see that my squares aren't exactly perfect.  I started out measuring and calculating, but I spend my working week calculating and working with numbers and didn't want to do it on my weekend so I just decided to eyeball it.




Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Stamps:  Gently Falling; Afterthoughts; Water Droplets (Designs by Ryn)
Cardstock:  Cajun Craze; Whisper White
Ink:  Cajun Craze; Old Olive; Crushed Curry; Smokey Slate; Basic Black
Accessories:  Labels 2 Nesties; acetate; square nesties; sponge; Basic Black marker; ruler

Cheers
Karren

5 comments:

Darnell said...

A beautiful autumn card, Karren!

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous warm colours - so rich and deep! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Gillian R said...

So pretty, love the autumnal colours. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

Amy O said...

That leaf is beautiful! I love your masking technique too. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Bonnie said...

This is amazing, Karren!