Sunday 26 January 2014

Rock Star

I'm so glad that the Just Add Ink challenge is back up and running and I hope the DT had a great break.  They came back with a bang - a gorgeous sketch using my favorite element - circles!  I combined that challenge with the stars challenge at Friday Mashup to come up with this card.





I can see looking at the sketch that I didn't get the elements exactly right, but I hope it's close enough to pass muster.  I inked up Extreme Guitar with Versarmark then Island Indigo and clear embossed it onto some DSP from World Spectacular DSP (which has stars on it).  I quite liked the semi-distressed look of the embossing with some of the stars showing through.



The sentiment was also embossed with Island Indigo.  The embossing folder is a Tim Holtz one that I didn't even know I had...  And here's the inside:



Thanks for looking.




Products used:

Stamps:  Seeing Stars, Extreme Guitar (SU), Rock On (PTI)
Ink:  Versamark, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Island Indigo, Whisper White, World Spectacular DSP
Accessories:  American Crafts Twine, circle nesties, Tim Holtz Dot Matrix EF, clear EP, large star punch, star brad

15 comments:

Lesley said...

rockin'!

Bonnie said...

I love that Island Indigo with black! What a great card for a young man!

Lauren said...

That is an awesome card and I love the embossing folder you have used.

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

WOW!! I love your take on the Just Add Ink Sketch this week!
So many fun elements and the colour combo just pops.

Trish
JAI Design Team

Narelle Farrugia said...

Amazingly cool - love the background stamping, the image, the addition of the stars and the super-cool font of your sentiment. You have rocked this challenge Karren!

Nikki Spencer said...

Awesome take on the challenge Karren, you certainly "Rocked" this one. Love the layers and texture! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.

Christine Blain said...

What a great textured background - and so nice to discover in your stash something cool that you didn't know you had! Great, great card Karren.

Christine Blain said...

PS: So glad you could join us at Just Add Ink :)

Patrice said...

You know you don't have to get the elements exactly as they are in the sketch - so long as we recognise it as similar it'll pass muster. Gorgeous card Karren, I so love Island Indigo. This is a seriously cool guy card.

KimB said...

What a fabulous teen card Karren. The opaque embossing gives a great atmospheric effect. Thanks for joining us for our first sketch challenge of 2014!

Heidi Baks said...

Fun sketch, and great use of stars! Works great with your main image. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Scrappy Géri said...

Love your card Karren :) so rock n'roll :) and I love the colours too

Tara Bourgoin said...

What a great use of 'stars'! Such a great design for a rockin' birthday. The inside is fabulous. Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

Lisa said...

Great way to incorporate the stars, and the Island Indigo really makes this card pop!

Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes - I love this card....great colours.....great shapes.....and a great take on the sketch. Chantell JAI