Tuesday 15 April 2014

Tranquil Christmas

Welcome back for another Merry Monday challenge!  This week my fellow Kiwi, Karen Davis, has a color challenge for us.


Use slate, kraft and white or cream on your Christmas card.  

I had just received my first ever Mama Elephant stamps and fortuitously, included was a set that was perfect for this challenge!



The Winter Wonderland set is just gorgeous!  I white-embossed the birch trees down the left side of a Basic Gray card base.  I then clear-embossed over Crumb Cake ink the cute mama and baby deer.  For the second week in a row, I went with a snowbank.  I didn't intend to but I couldn't work out how to place the sentiment and the snowbank worked best.  I stamped the sentiment in Hero Arts silver ink which is gorgeous and then painted some Perfect Pearls over the whole white panel.  


You can just see a bit of the shimmer in this photo as well as the clear embossed deer.

On the inside, I kept it simple and stamped the deer in the silver ink.


Thanks for visiting.  Check out the inspiration from the rest of the design team - their work is gorgeous as usual!  

Products used:

Stamps:  Winter Wonderland (Mama Elephant)
Ink:  Versamark, Crumb Cake, Hero Arts Silver
Cardstock;  Basic Gray, Whisper White
Accessories:  White EP, Clear EP, A2 Curved Die (SSS), Perfect Pearls (Ranger)

Cheers
Karren


13 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

What an adorable set of dear - so CUTE!! Love your card Karren!!

Deanne :)

Wendy said...

Such a cute card, Karren! Those little deer are adorable and I love the embossed birch trees! Have a wonderful week! :)

Notes by Nina said...

Very cute card Karren, love the adorable little deer. Have a great week.

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE this Karren! Those deer are adorable! Have a great week and a very Happy Easter!

Bonnie said...

Love these birch trees and dear deer, Karren! Perfect for these colors!

Lori Turner said...

This is so pretty, Karren! I love your deer - they look so tranquil! Have a wonderful week! oxoxo

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful. Love the embossed deer, and the placement of the sentiment, on this lovely card Karren.

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Wow, Karren, fabulous card! You really rocked the color challenge!

Susan Joyce said...

Gorgeous design Karren, your deer image is adorable.

Katie Melhus said...

This card really made me AWWWWW out loud. I love it! Need those adorable deer!

Karen Davis said...

Yup!! I agree with Katie, soooo cute. I love your take on the challenge, the deer, and how you have used them, is stunning. Have a great Easter.
The storm has passed here but I think you are getting it now. Yes, great weather for crafting, I hope you get time.

Scrappy Géri said...

A www love that! Love your deers they are so cute :)

Nancy Thomas said...

That stamp set has been on my wish list for a long time now. You have featured it beautiful scene.