Saturday 17 May 2014

Gold Sympathy

Hi everyone and thanks for visiting.  Before I get to my card, if you subscribe to my blog via email, I have switched over to MailChimp.  So, assuming I've done everything right, this email should come to you in a slightly different format but with all the problems with Feedburner, I thought it wise to make the jump now.

Unfortunately I have need of a sympathy card for a workmate who lost his mother very suddenly while she was overseas on holiday.  I combined the sketch from Seize the Sketch with the colors from ColourQ to come up with this card.



I used the faux patina technique, which is what I immediately thought of when I saw the colors at ColourQ.  I used Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise and Chocolate Chip ink on my faux patina piece, then sprinkled some gold embossing powder over parts of the dry embossed panel.  I cut it into thirds and mounted the center panel onto a piece of Pool Party.  The sentiment is gold embossed.  Here's a close up of the faux patina.



And a shot of the very simple inside.


Thanks for visiting.  And thanks to everyone to subscribes to my blog - I do appreciate you!

Products used (all Stampin' Up):

Stamps:  Thanks for Caring
Ink:  Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip, Versamark
Cardstock:  Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Pool Party
Accessories:  Finial Press EF, Oval Nestabilities, Gold EP

Cheers
Karren




10 comments:

Lesley said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful card. Cool technique you used too, Karren. ♡

Susanne Vargas said...

Gorgeous card! I don't think I have heard of this technique, it looks stunning!

Cheryl said...

A very beautiful card! I like this technique, going to have to find out how to do this too! Thank you so much for sharing. My prayers for your co-worker and their family.

Narelle Farrugia said...

This effect creates such an elegant background Karren - gorgeous card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card! The faux patina looks fabulous! Thanks for joining along with Seize The Sketch!

Karen Davis said...

Absolutely stunning Karren.

Lisa Elton said...

THis is lovely and so elegant! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!

Patti said...

Beautiful card. Love the faux patina. Add a lovely elegant look to your card.

Marta said...

It is so beautiful and unusual! I love this!!! Very beautiful!!!

Lori said...

What a lovely sympathy card! The faux patina technique you used is so elegant. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!