Sunday 4 May 2014

Hi and Hello

We are into our last weekend living in our garage - yahoo!  All the earthquake repair work has been completed and now we're just waiting for new carpet and vinyl to be laid during this week and we can move back into our house!  It hasn't been as painful as I thought as our garage is pretty big and we have split it into "rooms" but I'll be glad to get back to normal.

Anyway, last weekend we bought a new TV and home theatre system.  Because my sons have the patience of gnats, everything had to be set up immediately and consequently I find myself without a power point to plug in my Ott-lite, so crafting and photographing this weekend was done under fluorescents!  Apologies for the photo you're about to see...

This card uses the colors from Pals Paper Arts and the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch.  


I had to take this photo on my laptop keyboard, which makes for a different sort of background!  I used the Trifecta stamp set from Mama Elephant to stamps some triangles in a pattern roughly matching the sketch.  I used Bermuda Bay and Real Red ink and in some places, I over-stamped to give a third, darker color.  The die cuts are stacked three layers high and covered with Wink of Stella, so nice and shimmery IRL.  A Crumb Cake card base finishes off the card.



Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Stamps:  Trifecta (Mama Elephant)
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Real Red
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Real Red, Bermuda Bay
Accessories:  word dies (Paper Smooches), Wink of Stella

Cheers
Karren

12 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love your take on that sketch! Very cool card! Working under difficult conditions hasn't slowed you up one bit!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--what a neat card! Glad things are getting back to normal for you!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is such a cool and funky card Karren! You nail clean and simple!

Cindy Hall said...

You are a cardmaker extraordinaire! That you are even making cards and photographing them under your current circumstances speaks highly of your tenacity and strength. Your card is amazing! I love how you stacked the words for more of a chipboard effect, and your stamping is so perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

Dawn Tidd said...

What a fun card! I love the layering of the stamps and sentiments. Thanks so much for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts this week and good luck getting your home back together!

chera said...

Love the geometric look!!! Super fun!

Rita W said...

This made me chuckle. I guess men of all ages love their technology. You are amazing to be creating all these beauties from the garage.

Joni Andaya said...

Awesome take!!! Love <3

Bonnie said...

What a fun way to say hello, hi! Glad you're about to be back to normal!

Susan Itell said...

Super cute! Glad to read that life will be back soon....Thanks for playing with the PALS and sharing your talent!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love those arrows! Great take on the sketch!

Jen W. said...

Love your cool and graphic card, Karren! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!
And I hope the move back into your house goes smoothly!