Saturday 24 May 2014

Live. Laugh. Love

I had some time to get inky today - after doing the never-ending laundry and housework, of course!  I decided to combine the challenges at ColourQ and CAS(E) This Sketch.



I used the challenge colors to stamp random circles from Lots of Dots in the top right and bottom left of a Whisper White card base.  I used the solid circles in various sizes as well as a few outline circles.  Once I was happy with the look, I dug around for a sentiment for the middle.  I found this old Penny Black sentiment and thought it went well with the happy and bright circles.




I placed a few Candy Dots around the card and called it done.

Thanks for looking.





Products used:

Stamps:  Lots of Dots (SSS), Live Laugh Love (Penny Black)
Ink:  Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Kiwi Kiss, Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  Whisper White
Accessories:  Brights Candy Dots

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at ColourQ.

7 comments:

Ardyth said...

Fantastic combination of these challenges - love that you used solid and open circles and the 'bubbly' feeling is perfect with that sentiment!

Lesley said...

This is such a cool take on both challenges, Karren. Love the colours and the way the words are focused in the middle.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun & lovely! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful, uplifting card, Katie! The brightly colored circles make me think of bubbles and the sentiment is wonderful!

Bonnie said...

I'm sorry Karren! Oops!

Joni Andaya said...

Super Awesome with the dots :)

Michelle said...

Beautiful colors and a great interpretation of CTS #77!