Wednesday 24 September 2014

Dragonfly Friend

Hi and welcome back.  I've been invited to be Guest Designer at CASology because this card won last week's challenge!  

The cue word this week is....



I went with the obvious and chose winged creatures - in this case dragonflies.  



I've had these Magenta dragonfly stamps for several years and I just love their whimsical and sketchy look.  I gold embossed the large one once and the smaller one twice onto a tag die cut, deliberately leaving some parts of the stamps off the tag.  

The sentiment was stamped in Versafine Onyx Black and clear embossed.  My last few inches of white baker's twine were used on this card.  I know I bought another pack before we had to pack up our house for our earthquake repairs but do you think I can find it?  Looks like I'll have to buy some more.



I'm entering this card into the gold and white challenge at Fab Friday.  Congrats on 50 challenges!

Thanks for visiting.  And take the time to check out the amazing submissions from the CASology team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Magenta Dragonflies, Happy Hello (Verve)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark
Cardstock:  Whisper White
Accessories:  white baker's twine, gold EP, clear EP, PTI Tag Die

Cheers
Karren

14 comments:

Melissa said...

Karren, this is such an elegant take on this week's cue word! I really love the white on white and the pop of gold embossing! So pretty!!! Thank you so much for joining us as guest designer this week! :)

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your Guest DT spot, Karren! Your card is so pretty! I love how you placed the sketchy dragonflies on your tag...such a lovely CAS design, too!

Meghan said...

A dragonfly is such a perfect take on the cue card this week! Congrats on the GD gig!

Jen Mitchell said...

Uber CAS and gorgeous! Congratulations on your GD spot. You deserve it!

Tracey McNeely said...

Karren the dragonfly is fantastic for the cue! So glad to have you join us as Guest Designer at CASology!

Jen W. said...

This is gorgeous, Karren! I too love the sketchy look of the dragonflies and love how they're fluttering on and off of the tag. The white on white with the gold is so elegant too!

wienerhoneymooners said...

SUPER lovely embossing, love you used a tag!! I agree, the sketchy look is so touching my heart these days!! So great to have you with us this week as our Guest Designer, we are lucky to have you!!!!

Amanda Mertz said...

Love these sweet dragonflies embossed with gold. They surely standout against that stark white background. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

JD/ Jill said...

Cograts on you GD spot! Your card is very elegant...(always like black and white cards!

very_inky_fingers said...

Congratulations on being guest designer. Love this dragonfly card.. the white on white is really pretty.

Bada-Bing Creations said...

I love CAS! This is simple and elegant! Thanks for playing at Fab Fri!

Brenda Myers said...

Very pretty card!! Love the gold dragonflies!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!

Monika Reeck said...

Congrats on being GDT and I love the white on white you did on your card too...the gold embossing is totally adorable on white on white...lovely take the cue card Karren..I hope you like to see my Flutter card too...it is use not dragonfly but butterfly on my card..have a nice weekend..hugs, Monika

Judy1223 said...

Such a beautiful white on white card...love the gold embossed dragonflies! So glad to have you guest designing with us at CASology!