Tuesday 7 October 2014

Bright Lights

Hi and welcome to Merry Monday.  Today's challenge comes to us from Kristie Goulet who has challenged us to make a neon Christmas card!  


This is as neon as it gets in my stash :)



To make this card, I white-embossed an old Penny Black image onto black cardstock.  I then took a Versarmarker pen and colored the individual lights using squiggles before embossing with turquoise, orange and hot pink embossing powders.  I put a touch of gold embossing on the end caps.  The sentiment is silver embossed and a few colorful enamel dots finish the panel.

The black card was then layered onto a Melon Mambo card base, making for a bright (almost neon?) Christmas card.

I hope you have time to join in the challenge this week.  Be sure to check out the rest of the design team's inspiration.

Thanks for visiting.

Products used:

Stamps:  Christmas Lights (Penny Black), Season's Greetings (Rubber Stampede)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  Melon Mambo, Basic Black
Accessories:  White EP, Tempting Turquoise EP, Melon Mambo EP, Tangerine Tango EP, Silver EP, Gold EP, Versamarker pen, enamel dots

Cheers
Karren

18 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

I LOVE your pops of neon, Karren! Great card. Have a great week!

Linda Callahan said...

Total fun! Love it!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

What a lovely Card it looks like a fun card to make , I love playing along week after week. I am a guest dt over at word art Wednesday and I love it.
God Bless
Hugs
Dottie

Brian King said...

Karren, Popped against this black background, these lights are pefect! Love it!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Your card is very stunning - LOVE it!!

Deanne :)

Bonnie said...

Your rocked this one, my friend! Love the bright lights! Have a wonderful, crafty week!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

How clever to add the squiggles and color them with the neon colors!

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card! Love the colorful squiggles in the light bulbs! So creative!

Just Me said...

love your card ....what a neat idea!

Kim S said...

LOVE this black and white and bright colors! Your squiggle lights are so creative and so much fun!

Christine Blain said...

Fabulous, love! I love how inventive you are; cute, cute technique with the embossing!

Notes by Nina said...

Love it Karren, the neon looks wonderful against the black.

Katie Melhus said...

This is great! The black really makes the neon colors pop in your sweet lights!

Wendy said...

Very cute card, Karren! Love the string of embossed lights on the black cardstock and the neon colored bulbs! Great idea! :)

CG said...

I have to tell you that this is one of the most stunning Christmas cards I've ever seen. Just stunning. Thank you for inspiring me at Merry Mondays! Best, CG

Chris Dring said...

Wow! What a fabulous card! Love the neon squiggles on the lights!

Greta said...

Wowzer, Karren! You are so creative--terrific card!

~amy~ said...

I adore the pops of color!!