Sunday 15 February 2015

Sympathy Bird

Today's challenge at The Paper Players is to feature a bird on our card.  What a great challenge that Joanne has come up with!





For my card, I went with the WPlus9 set Guiding Light and chose the heron image and the sympathy sentiment to come up with this:



I started with a white card base and then another white layer 1/4" smaller.  On that panel I stamped the heron and the sentiment in Archival Black ink.  

The blue and black strip came from some sheets of card I've had for well over 10 years and I can't remember how I made them!  I know I used the Credit Card Technique and this particular piece started out as black cardstock.  I think I used Lumiere Paint as the blue is beautifully shimmery.  I'm guessing I put a blob of paint on the black card and used a credit card to spread it really thin so that in some places the black cardstock shone through.  I might try and find my Lumiere paints and see if I can re-create this, so that I know how I made it :)  Oh the trials of getting old and forgetting things! 



So that's my card for today.  Check out all the birdy cards the rest of the design team have come up with.  They're a feast for the eyes :)

Products used:

Stamps:  Guiding Light (WP9)
Ink:  Archival Black
Cardstock:  White, black
Accessories:  Lumiere Paint(?), credit card.

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Hannelie said...

So beautiful Karren! Love the rich deep colors!

Narelle Farrugia said...

A credit card technique? Who comes up with these ideas?!!! Love your CAS card - you always ace them!

stampwithsandy said...

A beautifully elegant and very appropriate card, Karren. I'd love to hear more about your technique, and wish I could see the shimmer in person!

Nance Leedy said...

Me too! The credit card technique sounds intriguing! Love the bold and graphic look of your card . The bird silhouette is the perfect companion for the sentiment. Lovely CAS card!

laurie said...

This is so beautiful for a sympathy card, and a perfect CAS card!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Karren! Clean and simple perfection that packs a "wow" with that gorgeous blue panel! I need to read up about the credit card technique...it's stunning!

Becca Cruger said...

That crackly strip is pretty dang cool! This card is very stately and a great sympathy card.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a perfectly CAS card Karren! I am intrigued by the coloured strip and would love to know how you created it - the effect adds real visual interest. I look forward to hearing more about the credit card technique with interest! Thanks for a fabulous card for my CAS bird challenge this week!

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is stunning....not only is the image wonderful (as well as the sentiment) but your panel is very pretty too!

Jaydee said...

Karren, this card is clean and simple perfection. Stunning.
hugs
jaydee

Unknown said...

How fun that you still have your handmade paper after all this time! I'm so glad you decided to use it, it's beautiful! The heron is perfect with the sentiment, such a wonderful clean and simple card!!