Thursday 9 April 2015

Happy Birthday

Hi and welcome to Freshly Made Sketches Day!  This week our hostess is the super-talented Jen Mitchell.  Jen has given us a sketch with a tilted panel - gulp!


I decided to make the tilted panel the feature and went to town with some distress inks to come up with this card.


After I watercolored the piece of watercolor paper, I stamped a large sentiment onto the panel then die-cut it with a postage stamp die.  The horizontal panel is vellum paper.  A few enamel dots and the card was finished!

Thanks so much for visiting.  The rest of the design team have done some amazing things with this sketch, so be sure to check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Make a Wish (Mama Elephant)
Ink:  Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, Archival Black
Cardstock:  White, Black, Watercolor, Vellum
Accessories:  Peek a Frame (Mama Elephant), enamel dots

Cheers
Karren

12 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

So striking with the fabulous watercolor panel and the black ink! The vellum panel is just enough! Love it!

Cindy Lovell said...

Just awesome Karren!! Love the black with the yellow!! Awesome watercoloring and the vellum looks great!!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love the background! What a great pop of color it is for that bold sentiment!

Christine Blain said...

Karren, this is fabulous! Love the saturation of watercolour, the postage stamp die, and how you've fit the sentiment on the vellum piece perfectly across the front of the card. Love it all!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

I popped across for a closer look at your Merry Monday card but this one stopped me in my tracks!
Wow! eye-droppingly gorgeous and love the colours and technique.

Stampingcountry said...

Sharp Card! Love your watercolored background.

Amy O said...

You do amazing things with those distress inks. And I love the images you've used for this sketch -- the big sentiment is perfect for it. Fabulous card, Karren!

Marika said...

So strikingly beautiful! Love that postage stamp die!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I just love this card Karren! Your sentiment is perfect for this weeks sketch and I love your water coloured background - amazing combination!

SonjaK said...

Wew, black and yellow - I'm always afraid of that color combination. It's so striking and demanding that I always fear to get something wrong with it. But your use of it on this card is just stunning. Love it!

Jen Brum said...

So beautiful Karren! I love how you've created that watercolour look. It's just amazing! Such vibrant colours! Love how the black stands out! Perfect birthday card!

Jen Timko said...

Wow, wow, wow! That watercolored panel...holy smokes it is great!! I love this card!