Wednesday 29 April 2015

Just for You in Purple

This is the second card I made on my bonus day of my long weekend, but I thought I'd save it for a few days before posting it, so as not to bombard you :)

I made this card using the sketch at Just Add Ink, the inspiration pic at Just Us Girls and the Create your own Background theme at Seize the Birthday.


I decided to use the purple tones with the touch of yellow and orange from the inspiration picture as a watercolored background.  So I white embossed the geometric background stamp onto watercolor paper and then after liberally wetting the panel, I dropped on various distress inks.  I concentrated on the purple tones with accents of yellow and orange, just like the photo, being careful not to overlap the colors too much.

I cut the panel down and layered onto a black piece before adhering it to my Elegant Eggplant card base.  The banners and circle were perfect for the sketch and I'd just received them as a freebie with my last order from My Favorite Things.  I'm not too sure about the sentiment, but I had to look hard to find a big enough sentiment that still fit inside the circle.


Thanks for visiting.




Products used:

Stamps:  Summer Garden (SSS), Highline Geometric Background (Hero Arts)
Ink:  Versamark, Archival Black, Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord, Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade
Cardstock:  Elegant Eggplant (SU), white, watercolor
Accessories:  White EP, Layered Treat Tag die (MFT)

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card Karen!
Thank You for your sweet comment on my blog!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh you're so clever with your background techniques! Those colours look amazing together - so striking. Another card I'm in love with! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

Colleen said...

What a gorgeous technique with that unique background stamp! I love it! I love all the colors you used, it kind of looks like a gift package all wrapped up! Wonderful! Thank you for sharing it at Seize the Birthday!

Nancy said...

Incredible unique background Karren!!! Love the entire card! The colors are wonderful together! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday and Just Us Girls! We sure do appreciate it!

SonjaK said...

Love the contrast you created by using a black banner and card base! This really makes your background design pop. The sentiment's just fine in my opinion. The words themselves fit any card and the script is just as great as a contrast to the modern background as the black is to the multi-colored panel.

Cindy Lovell said...

WOW,Karren...this card is amazing!! I love your background,WOW!! Perfect!!

Maria said...

Lovely colors! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

Nikki Spencer said...

Such a cool technique Karren, love the colours & design of your card. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Glenda J said...

This is fantastic! Love the colour combo. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Christine Blain said...

The sentiment's perfect, Karren! I LOVE how you've combined deep, bold colours of card with softer ink colours. Awesome background; you are so clever. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink. :)

ColourmehappyDi said...

Love your bold pattern & colour choices for the background combined with the subtle navy base. Really lets the pattern & sentiment, pop. Love! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.
Di :-)