Friday 27 November 2015

Silver Stripes


Hi!  It's time for another fabulous challenge from Fusion Card Challenge and this week we have the most gorgeous inspiration photo and a fun sketch.  Check this out:


I chose to work with the photo this week, focusing on the aqua, white and silver color scheme.


True confession time - I actually made this card a few weeks ago for a couple of challenges that were current at the time, but when I'd finished it, I realised it worked for this challenge, so I held it back.

I used a diagonal stripes stencil and smooshed Versarmark ink onto it before embossing with silver embossing powder.  I die-cut two snowflakes, one from silver foil paper and one from Maliblue cardstock.  The sentiment is white embossed onto a black banner and some Pretty Pink Posh sequins finished the card.


Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to check out the fabulous creations from the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Polar Pals (Mama Elephant)
Ink:  Veresamark
Cardstock:  White, Silver Foil, Black, Maliblue
Dies:  Elize, Abby (SSS) Fishtail Flag Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  PPP Sequins, White EP, Stripes Stencil (MFT)

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

Kim S said...

Stunning!

Julia Aston said...

what a beautiful design Karren! love those angled stripes of silver!

sandie said...

Love the embossed stripes and the design is perfect x

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow! I love those silver embossed stripes. And the snowflakes are fabulous!

Rosemary said...

beautiful card... the silver embossed stripes are fabulous!

Michelle Lupton said...

I adore this, Karren! Nice and CAS, with plenty of interest!

Marika said...

This is beautiful, Karren. I never would have guessed that you didn't start from the inspiration picture. This is so made out of it!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

The sparkle is fabulous! Love this card!

Jutta said...

Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. I followed it here and found your beautiful card. I love the silver stripes and snow flakes too, it's very festive!

Jutta said...

Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. I followed it here and found your beautiful card. I love the silver stripes and snow flakes too, it's very festive!