Sunday 31 January 2016

Brick Wall Flowers

Hi!  Here's a card I made using the gorgeous inspiration card at Muse as well as the tic-tac-toe challenge at Just Us Girls.  I made a card using the center vertical row (die-cuts, stamps and flowers).

I had pondered for a few days how I could take Jenni's gorgeous card at Muse and make it mine.  In the end, I came up with this and I quite like it.


From Jenni's card, I took the layout, the white on black sentiment, the florals and the color down the left hand side of the center panel.

I colored some white embossing paste using Melon ink but deliberately didn't mix it perfectly, so that some of the bricks are darker than others.  I used MFT's English Brick Wall stencil, which has the perfect size bricks for cards.  I layered that onto another white panel and used foam tape to adhere it to a white card base.  The flowers and jug were stamped using various SSS inks and die-cut using the matching dies.

The sentiment banner was stamped in black and when it was dry, I white embossed the sentiment, curving the stamps slightly to follow the lines of the banner.  All of the flowers were painted with Wink of Stella.


Thanks for visiting.



Products used:

Stamps:  Sweet Havana (Mama Elephant)
Ink:  Stone, Jellybean, Audrey Blue, Maliblue, Duckling, Apricot, Sunkist, Melon, Beanstalk Green (SSS) Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  White
Dies:  Sweet Havana (Mama Elephant), Stitched Rectangles (Lil' Inkers)
Accessories:  English Brick Wall Stencil (MFT), embossing paste, white EP, Wink of Stella

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love the 'distressed' look of that brick wall - genius! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Jenni's Jems said...

Simply stunning!! and love that brick wall may just have to add that to my wish list... thank you for playing along at Muse this week x

Tenia Nelson said...

so so cool!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love your brick wall, Karren! Fabulous take on Jenni's Muse card.

~amy~ said...

This is lovely! The springy colors are so pretty!

Rosemary said...

absolutely gorgeous!!

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous!

Jen Timko said...

Um, another amazing beauty. You just keep knocking home run after home run out of the park!

Ina G said...

Lovely cas card. Great touch with the brick wall and so colourful. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Us Girls.

Nancy said...

I mixed some ink with embossing paste the other day and my results stunk! You have inspired me to try again! Super card Karren! Thanks for joining us for Wild Card Week at Just Us Girls!

Kim S said...

The look you created with the brick is fabulous!