Monday 18 April 2016

Make Today Amazing

Hi and welcome!  Today's card uses both the colors and sketch from MFT Challenges and I've joined in the fun at CAS Mix Up Challenge as well.  I've used stenciling, stamping and for my third element I've used Gesso to splatter over the stenciled panel.


I don't have the MFT ink colors, but I do have a couple of the sample packs of cardstock, although I don't have Daffodil so I used Pineapple instead as it looked reasonably close.

To start my card, I masked off a panel in the bottom third of a card base and sponged over the Geometric Grid stencil using Tumbled Glass and Shabby Shutters distress inks.  Before removing the stencil and masks I splattered some watered-down Gesso onto the panel.

To highlight the stenciled panel, I cut slivers of Berrylicious cardstock and adhered it above and below the stenciling.  The sentiment was stamped with black ink and then I stacked three layers of Pineapple cardstock, cut with the Doubly Amazing die.


Thanks for visiting.





Products used:

Stamps:  Amazing
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters
Cardstock:  White, Berrylicious, Pineapple
Dies:  Doubly Amazing
Accessories:  Gesso, Geometric Grid Stencil (MFT)

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Loll said...

LOVE your design Karren. Gorgeous colours and the splattering adds a wonderful bit of fun and visual texture. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Aileen said...

This is beautiful Karren, love the colours you have used. Looks wonderful

Petra Swart said...

WOW, this looks great, Karren!!!! Love the colours and the wonderful stencilled strip!!! So beautiful!!!
Have a great day!!!!

Bonnie said...

Love that masked off design and those gorgeous colors, Karren! The gesso splatters add even more interest as well as that stacked sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful beautiful ink work!

Greta said...

Love the look of this card, Karren--terrific card!

Olga said...

Beautiful background!

Rosemary said...

fabulous take on the mft sketch, karren!!

Claire said...

Love how you've used that stencil Karren - you've inspired me to dust mine off. I never seem to use them!

Jen Mitchell said...

This card is ridiculously amazing! I love that sponged design!

Susanne Vargas said...

This looks fabulous!