Saturday 28 May 2016

Tons of Fun

Hi!  After spending all my crafting time for the last two weeks on DT commitments, I finally had some time today to sit down and make something for a few challenges.  I decided to make a card using the sketch at Retro Sketches and I'm also linking this up to Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes and Seize the Birthday.


I had a few false starts with this card and it's not my best card by a long shot, but it'll do :)  I colored the little elephant, flowers and kite with Copics and die-cut them.  The hill and cloud were die-cut and sponged with Twisted Citron and Tumbled Glass ink respectively.  I smile when I look at the blank space in the centre because it reminds me of kids' drawings where there is sky at the top, grass at the bottom and a big nothing in the middle!  But I wanted a light look to this card, so left the centre blank.




Thanks for visiting!


wed-newchallenge-header


Products used:

Stamps:  Adorable Elephants (MFT)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Tumbled Glass, Twisted Citron
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It
Dies:  Adorable Elephants (MFT), Stitched Hills & Slopes (SSS), Stitched Cloud Edges (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Retro Sketches.

12 comments:

Lyn said...

Gorgeous card, I love elephants <3

Gayatri said...

Absolutely adorable card. Beautiful scene you have created. Love the fresh colours. Great card. Thank you for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge :) Gayatri xx

Aileen said...

Well your false starts got you there, cause it looks womderful. Love the colour of your clouds.

Susanne Vargas said...

This is so adorable! Great layout, too!

I Card Everyone said...

You may not think it's your best, but it certainly deserves a spot on the 'cutest' list, Karren!!! OH he is SO uplifting!! he hee ... xx
=]

Rosemary said...

this looks pretty darn amazing to me, karren!! that little ellie is colored perfectly and is just so darn cute!

Greta said...

I think it's adorable, Karren! Love the cloud die & the white in the middle!

Imke said...

Super cute and great scene.

Imke ~ My Crafty Place

Patrice said...

So so sweet - those pink ears are too cute. Lovely little scene you've created. x

Glenda J said...

So adorable! Love your colouring and sweet little scene. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Totally sweet!!!!!

Colleen said...

Oh I do love those cute little elephants! Perfect birthday card for this challenge! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!