Monday 6 June 2016

Imagined

Hi and welcome!  I'm so excited that there is a new Creative Chemistry course coming up in August at Online Card Classes!  I did 101 and 102 a couple of years ago and I loved it!  Even though I'm primarily a CAS stamper, I do love techniques and I so admire the collage/vintage look - even if I struggle to pull it off myself :)

So I played along with the Summer of Creative Chemistry Week 1 challenge to make a tag using four or more colors of Distress Ink and came up with this tag:


I used the Wrinkle Free Distress technique, and Rusty Hinge, Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Mermaid Lagoon and Twisted Citron ink for the first "round".  I thought it came out a bit bright so went back for a second round using Seedless Preserves and Frayed Burlap inks to tone it down a bit.  To tone it down even more, I sponged over the whole thing using Scattered Straw ink then went around the edges with Vintage Photo ink.  So all up, I used nine distress inks!

Once I was happy with the base, I got stuck into some stamping.  First off, I stamped the numbers down the left hand side full strength, then used Tim's technique of swiping the ink pad over the rubber to put some subtle images in the background.  I then inked up Umbrella Man in Veridian ink and stamped that, but you can hardly see it.  Finally I stamped the sentiment and pointing finger.

To finish off the tag (and this I'm not sure about), I adhered some text washi tape and sponged over it with Vintage Photo ink to tone it down.  For some added embellishment, I adhered some aqua striped washi tape and some film strip ribbon which I stapled to the tag.


Thanks for visiting!

Products used:

Stamps:  Creative Muse, Warehouse District (Stampers Anonymous)
Ink:  Archival Black, Archival Veridian, Rusty Hinge, Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Mermaid Lagoon, Twisted Citron, Scattered Straw, Frayed Burlap, Seedless Preserves, Vintage Photo
Cardstock:  Manila Tag
Accessories:  Washi Tape, Film Strip Ribbon

Cheers
Karren

3 comments:

Kathyk said...

This turned out to be FAB-u-LOUS too, Karren

Kathyk

Hannelie said...

Hat's off to you for trying something so completely different... and you aced it!

Chris said...

Absolutely love it Karren and your colours and design are wonderful! :-)