Saturday 16 July 2016

Art Soul

Welcome back!  This is my second post today and I've had the idea for this card in my head since I saw the cue word at CASology this week.  I had to get it out of my head and onto a card so I could actually concentrate on making DT cards today :)

As soon as I saw the cue word of Art, I thought of this wood-mounted stamp I have that is one of my oldest stamps.  I love this saying and knew I had to make a card using it.  I used the Color Throwdown colors and some ink blending to put together this card.


"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."  What a wonderful and true saying.

I used the Tim Holtz splatter stencil and sponged Wilted Violet, Festive Berries, Picked Raspberry and Scattered Straw ink over it.  NB:  When I saw the colors, I thought the peach color was a yellow, so apologies to the CTD team, but with the ink blending, it sort of came out peachy anyway!  I went back and forth several times to get a good blend of colors.  Once I was happy with that, I stamped the sentiment.  And, being a wood-mounted stamp, I couldn't use my Misti :(  I hadn't realised how much I relied on that tool for my sentiment stamping.  In the end, I didn't want to ruin the sponging, so I dug out my Stampamajig and used that.  I wasn't game to ink and re-stamp though, so it only got one stamping.

I finished the card with some rainstones which add a bit of dimension but don't detract from the image and sentiment.


Because I just love these colors so much, I'm also entering this in Virginia's View challenge.

Thanks for visiting.




Products used:

Stamps:  Art Soul (Hampton Arts)
Ink:  Archival Black, Scattered Straw, Picked Raspberry, Festive Berries, Wilted Violet
Cardstock:  White
Accessories:  Splatters Stencil (Tim Holtz), Rainstones (PTI)

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at CASology.

17 comments:

Hannelie said...

Thanks for dropping by Karren! The reunion with Sugar was sweet indeed ;)
You did a fabulous job with the cue this week! That sentiment was made for this challenge, and the way you added color... perfection!
Thanks for joining CASology!

Hannelie said...

Thanks for dropping by Karren! The reunion with Sugar was sweet indeed ;)
You did a fabulous job with the cue this week! That sentiment was made for this challenge, and the way you added color... perfection!
Thanks for joining CASology!

Karen Davis said...

Gosh I love this sentiment stamp as well Karren. It works so perfectly with your stencilled backdrop.
Thanks for dropping by and your sweet comments. Not a week I want to relive in a hurry, I know it will take time to heal.
I always look forward to seeing what you come up with next. Happy stamping.

Petra Swart said...

Simply gorgeous, Karren!!!! What a great card!!! Love how you have done the colours and that sentiment is just so lovely and perfect for the challenge!!!! Love this a LOT!!!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugz

Joyce said...

This is a wonderful card. Love the ink splotches and blending that you achieved, and don't blame you for not wanting to have to start over. I am also so dependent on my Misti, and am at a loss when it comes to wooden stamps, as the stamp a ma jig is just not precise enough for double stamping. Anyway, your quote is wonderful, and this card is just perfect for our Art challenge at CASology. Thanks so much for playing along.

Rosemary said...

you have combined all the challenges flawlessly karren and created a gorgeous CAS design!!

Cécile RIBON said...

A perfect CAS card ! I love the way you turned those "girly" colors into a stunning artsy card

Jacquie Southas said...

Fabulous sentiment and perfect stenciled splotches! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week, Karren!

Wanda Cullen said...

Oh, I just LOVE that sentiment! Paired with the artsy splattering of color makes this a fabulous CAS design! Thanks for joining us at Color Throwdown!

Barb Ghig said...

Another really fabulous card, Karren! Your multi-colored splatter is amazing, and your sentiment is perfect! Honestly, I wish I hadn't seen this until after I post my card (later tonight)...I created something very similar...sure hope it's ok!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Your CAS cards are always awesome but have so much detail to them!

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful ink blending and great use of the challenges!! So glad you joined us at CTD!

Nancy said...

Such a cool artsy card! LOVE IT!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh this is such a cool card Karren, I love your platter colours and that is such a fabulous sentiment. So glad you brought your idea to life! Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

Aileen said...

This is beautiful, the ink splatter all the colours and then that wonderful sentiment.

AmyR said...

Well done! Thanks for playing along with this week's Color Throwdown Challenge!

Claire said...

Oooh - I want that stencil! This is gorgeous Karren.. such a pretty splash of colour against the white!