Wednesday 20 July 2016

Birthday Hearts

Welcome back to another fabulous challenge from SugarPea Designs!  This week we have a CAS sketch and a delicious inspiration photo.



I went with the sketch and let the patterned paper from Whatever the Weather do all the work!


I chose two patterns and separated them with a sliver of black cardstock.  For the sentiment, I used the incentive set Gift Greetings and die-cut it with Stitched Flags.  I then layered that slightly offset onto a black flag and tied some pink baker's twine around the end.  A few sequins and my card was finished.



Thanks for visiting!
Here are the guidelines to join in our challenge:

  • Create a new card or project using the sketch provided.
  • SugarPea Designs stamps are NOT required to play along or to win but would be appreciated :)
  • You may rotate/flip the sketch & replace shapes – so long as the original sketch layout is recognizable.
  • Upload to your blog or other Online Gallery using Keyword: SPDMIU8 so that we may check out your beautiful work.
  • One randomly selected winner will receive a $25 Gift Certificate to the SugarPea Designs store. However, if the winning entry features a SugarPea Designs stamp we will increase the prize to $50!
  • We will announce our Main Winner at the end of each month.
  • The more times you play along during the month, the better chance you have of winning!
Be sure to visit the rest of the design team - they have some wonderful inspiration for you:





I'm entering this into the current Seize The Birthday Challenge, where the toppings are Bold & Bright - I'm pretty sure this card qualifies :)


Products used:

Stamps:  Gift Greetings
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid
Cardstock:  White, black, Whatever the Weather Patterned Paper Pack
Dies:  Stitched Flags
Accessories:  Twine, Sequins

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

Lyn said...

This is gorgeous Karen, love the side panel such a great take on the sprinkles <3

Petra Swart said...

Love the colourful stripes and the sweet little hearts, Karren!!!! Cute little twine bow and such a lovely sentiment, too!!! Lovely!!!
Hugz

Rosemary said...

fabulous clean and simple design, karren!

Jodene said...

This is such a pretty card Karren! I love the colours and the CAS design. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

Aileen said...

Wonderful card, overtime I see cards where they use the pattern papers I say to myself I must do that. Only problem is remembering lol. Love the bright stripes.

Hannelie said...

Beautiful take on the inspiration photo!

Lisa Lara said...

Love the paper Karren. Such a sweet card.

Barb Ghig said...

I'm so sorry, I've really fallen behind...Such a beautiful take on the sketch, Karren! I love how you paired your patterned papers, and the double banner is fabulous!