Tuesday 5 July 2016

Christmas in July

Hi and welcome!  I'm posting a card I made using the sketch at MFT and the Christmas in July challenge at The Paper Players.


As a break away from my usual white card bases, I went with a kraft base this time.  I also used the colors from Color Throwdown, even though the challenge was closed before I started my card!  I just decided to make a warm, kraft-toned card and the challenge colors suited my mood :)  I did some Copic coloring and once I was finished I applied Wink of Stella to different elements on the stamped images.

I die-cut a striped piece of patterned paper using the Jumbo Fishtail Flag Stax, extending the length to suit the sketch.  The sentiment is white embossed onto kraft card and tucked under the cushions and behind the mug of cocoa.  I finished the card with some marshmallow sequins.




Thanks for visiting.

Products used:

Stamps:  Merry Christmoose (MFT)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Versamark
Cardstock:  X-Press It, Desert Storm, Thick & Thin Patterned Paper (MFT)
Dies:  Merry Christmoose (MFT), Jumbo Fishtail Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  White EP, Marshmallow Sequins (PPP), Wink of Stella

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Paper Players.

8 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Karren I just love this - it makes me feel all warm and cosy inside, even in July! Love the muted colours and the pop of yellow. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Petra Swart said...

Hmmmm, it's cold here and I think I need a mug of hot cocoa with marshmallows and curl up on a couch with some comfy cushions!!!!! Love your very cute and fun card, Karren!!!! The stripes and all the kraft with just the little bits of extra colour, are lovely!!!!
Have a great Wednesday!!!
Hugz

Rosemary said...

wow!!!! fantastic card, karren!!! your coloring is perfection!!

Barb Ghig said...

Oooh, I love the warm colors and how perfectly they work with the hot cocoa and pillows! Great job on the sketch, too! Thanks so much for sharing the Copic markers you chose for this card, Karren!

Linda Callahan said...

I love everything about this! So different......and soooo adorable!

LeAnne said...

I can feel the warm hugs from here, Karren! Absolutely adorable...love the colors, especially with the kraft! And your shading is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing this with us this week at the Players!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

AWESOME card! congrats on your shout out at the paper Players!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

AWESOME card! congrats on your shout out at the paper Players!