Wednesday 24 August 2016

Fairy Kisses

Hi and welcome to Freshly Made Sketch Challenge!  This week, our hostess is the fabulous Cindy Hall over at Pretty Impact (love that blog name!) and she has a layered sketch for us:



I took a few liberties with the sketch this week but if you close one eye and squint through the other, you should be able to see the sketch in my card :)


And if you're going cross-eyed and still can't see the sketch, I used the inside of the oval die-cut for the oval, the outer frame of the die-cut for the rectangular panel and the fairies are the horizontal panels.  Ah, yes, I can imagine you nodding your heads now :)  

I don't usually buy kits as there is generally something in there (like patterned paper) that I'll probably never use.  But when I saw these fairies in the Hero Arts My Monthly Kit, I knew these were the fairies for me.  Hero Arts and PSX were the first stamps I ever bought - in fact my first ever stamp purchase was a Hero Arts stamp called Italian Poetry Background - and I've still got it!  Anyway, back to the card.  I colored the fairies with Copics, put some Star Dust Stickles on their wings and die cut them.  The oval die-cut was cut from a panel of white cardstock and layered onto the card base using foam tape - lots and lots of teeny, tiny pieces of foam tape.  The sentiment was stamped in the cut-out and I positioned the fairies so that one of them was looking at the sentiment.





Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to check out the fabulous creations made by the Design Team - they're sure to inspire you to join in.

Products used:

Stamps:  My Monthly Kit (Midsummer Dream) Hero Arts
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It
Dies:  My Monthly Kit
Accessories:  Copics, Star Dust Stickles

Cheers
Karren




15 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

No squinting, or closing, required, Karren! So lovely!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

You make me laugh! I am squinting and see the sketch perfectly! Love those sweet fairies....so delicate.....and I am copying down all the numbers of your Copics.....that will make me color better for sure!

Lyn said...

LOL no going cross eyed here :). Love your take on the sketch and that is such a beautiful diecut <3

Craftelier said...

Perfect effect for the fairies, they are like floating there!

Karen Davis said...

I love your original take on the sketch, from gorgeous die cut to the sweet wee fairies.

Rosemary said...

love your take on the sketch!! beautiful card, karren!

Amy O said...

I love those pretty fairies (especially with the sparkly wings) and they pair perfectly with that fabulous oval die. A great take on the sketch -- even without squinting!

Jen Mitchell said...

I certainly admire your attention to detail. Fairies that look at sentiments, teeny-tiny pieces of foam tape. You've a dedication to your craft that is so admirable! And I admire your clever take on the sketch (no squinting required)!

Jen Timko said...

These little darlings are fabulous! Love that oval die too. What a gorgeous card.

Cindy Hall said...

This is so gorgeous, Karren! And, yes, I saw the sketch in your card immediately. I love the die cut on the panel (and I can imagine all those tiny pieces of foam tape!) and love the details, like positioning the fairy to look at the sentiment. The sparkly wings are so pretty, too!

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful card Karren! I love that die cut oval! It's so gorgeous! Those fairies are so sweet and your colouring is amazing as always!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh how sweet! This is such a pretty card and I didn't even have to squint to see the sketch!

Cécile RIBON said...

I definitely see the sketch in your wonderful card ;-) and no need for me to close one eye to be able to see it ! It's a very clever and subtle take on this sketch ... This oval is so delicate

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, this is absolutely darling, Karren! Your fairies are so sweet, and work perfectly with the oval wreath...LOVE this card!

Rita W said...

That oval die cut is amazing! I love this card!