Tuesday 25 October 2016

Maturing

Hi and welcome!  I took some time last evening to make a card using the Art Impressions Maturing set.  I've been wanting to play along in their current challenge to use an Action Wobble and I only have a couple of days left, so I set aside some time to come up with this card, which I'm also linking to Seize the Birthday plus I used the sketch from Sunday Stamps.


I have the Birthday Fairy set from AI which is designed to use an Action Wobble with, but I wanted to use some NBUS so out came this fun set.  I stamped onto a panel of X-Press It cardstock and colored the image.  I also stamped the lady and cake onto a scrap and colored and fussy cut her out before popping her up on a Mini Action Wobble.  I adhered a thin strip of black cardstock down the right hand side and put it to one side while I worked on the card base.  

Quite by chance, the colors I'd used to color the image matched the Perfectly Plaid paper by Lawn Fawn so I adhered a strip down the right hand side of a white card base.  The stamped image was then popped up on foam tape.




This image just makes me smile!  Thanks for visiting!





Products used:

Stamps:  Maturing (Art Impressions)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid
Cardstock:  White, Black, X-Press It, Perfectly Plaid (Lawn Fawn)
Accessories:  Copics, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Art Impressions and Seize the Birthday and Sunday Stamps.

17 comments:

Kathyk said...

Such a fun make, love the A.I. sets .. gr8 colouring too

Kathyk

Rosemary said...

ha!!! too fun, karren!!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, what a FUN card, Karren! Beautiful Copic coloring, and what a great sentiment! Love your plaid border, too :)

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card, Jo x

TaeEun said...

What a fun birthday card, Karren! The recipient will surely have fun with this in action! Awesome coloring, too! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Seize the Birthday!

I Card Everyone said...

I LIVE these very words, Karren!!! and OH do I love that wobbler carrying the cake!
=]

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, this just made my day! I love this hilarious image! The sentiment is sooo true! Love those wobblers, too! Your coloring is amazing! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

PJ said...

Very cute card, just makes me smile, well done.
http://victoryfirst.blogspot.com/

Stampingcountry said...

Love the humor and your coloring is fabulous!

Dana said...

Sweet card!! Love your colors and coloring!! Thanks for playing with us at Art Impressions Challenge!!

Ashwini Rao said...

What an awesome and fun card, Karren! Love your coloring! Really, the one receiving it will be all smiles!! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Hannelie said...

Wowee, I want to join this party! So fun and beautifully designed Karren!

Karen Day said...

Karren - brilliant way to use an Action Wobble!! And I love that your colouring accidentally matched the plaid :o)

Aileen said...

I love these stamps, you have done a brilliant card. So perfectly coloured. I can see I need to come visit and sit and stamp and colour for a couple of weeks. you have such an amazing collection (unlike mine hehehehe). You keep showing me I need more. Just perfect Aileen

Heidi Baks said...

Such a fun card, and your coloring is fabulous! Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Annette Elliott said...

What a fun birthday card! Lovely coloring and love that it dimensional! Super cute! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps! this week! :)

Lisa said...

Fantastic use of the sketch on this hysterical birthday card, love it!

Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!