Friday 23 June 2017

Caffeinated Chicken


Welcome! This is the first of two posts today.  It's time for another Fusion challenge and this time I've gone for a red, white and blue color scheme (or flowers if you prefer) and a fun sketch.



I made this card last weekend using the colors and the (flipped) sketch, thinking I would add it to the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.  But I got my dates wrong.  Even though it's Friday here in New Zealand, and the challenge opens on Friday, it's not Friday in the US :(  So, I'll just have to try and make another card for the Blog Hop :)


I just love this image from Art Impressions and colored this old girl in the challenge colors.  The sentiment cracks me up as well.  I used a white card base and a navy blue pierced frame popped up on foam.  I fussy-cut the chicken and added her with foam too.



Unbeknownst to me, when I pulled the stamp off the packaging to use for the first time, I left a bit of her claw behind.  Luckily, the sketchy nature of the stamp means it's not too noticeable - in fact I didn't notice until I put the stamp away again and saw the claw still on the packaging!




Thanks for dropping by!  The rest of the DT have some gorgeous cards using the challenge graphic, so I hope you'll check them out.

I'm going to link this up to the animals challenge at CAS on Friday (assuming a chicken is also an animal?) and the CAS feathered friends challenge at Paper Players.

For your blog



Products used:

Stamps:  Spring Chicken Set (Art Impressions)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Soft Navy (SSS)
Dies:  Pierced Rectangle Frames (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Stardust Stickles

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Paper Players.

6 comments:

Cara said...

Fabulous card. The sentiment is genius too!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Karren the sentiment on your card just made me laugh out loud - that is a chicken with attitude! I have recently become a chicken owner - just hoping none of mine get any ideas!! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, this is so funny! I LOL when I saw it. That chicken is quite a character even without her claw. She might need another latte when she sees is is missing! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Jen Mitchell said...

Ha! What a fun card. I love when you use these images and sentiments. They always make me laugh out loud!

Linda Callahan said...

This makes me laugh! Totally fun card - and perfectly done!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, this is absolutely hilarious, Karren! Your design is perfect for this 'Spring Chicken' and your coloring is just flawless...LOVE this fabulous card! Thanks so much for making me smile today...I needed that!!!