Monday 19 June 2017

Pirate Slider

 Hi!  Today's card is for Day 4 of Camp Create - Sensational Sliders!  For my card, I used the adorable Party Like a Pirate set and created a beach scene.




I started by creating the beach scene on a panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock.  I created a mask from torn copy paper and sponged Antique Linen at the bottom.  I then took the small dot stamp from Distressed Patterns and stamped over the sand to give some texture.  I did the same thing to the card base behind where the slider was going to go.

I then reversed the mask and also added a straight piece of paper to separate the sea from the sky.  The sea was sponged with broken China and the sky with Tumbled Glass.  Partway through sponging the sky, I remembered I had the Cloud Stencil so used it but you can hardly see it.  I stamped the waves from Otterly Love You in white ink and also used a white gel pen to put dots of "sea foam" between the sand and sea.  Finally, I stamped a couple of birds and set the panel aside.


I stamped, colored and die-cut various images from the stamp set and then placed them onto the panel so I could decide where to place my slider element.  Once I was happy with placement, I die-cut the slider component and placed a slider mechanism behind the beach panel before adhering to the card base using foam tape.  It was at this point I realised I had forgotten to die-cut the "waves" so I could slot the ship into the gap, so to fix the problem I die-cut the bottom of the ship with the waves die and you can't tell the difference!


All the images were then adhered to the card, and I finished by going over some of the elements with Glossy Accents.  



Thanks for visiting!  I'm also going to link this up to Sweet Stampin's Creations for Children Challenge.

Products used:

Stamps:  Party Like a Pirate, Otterly Love You, Distressed Patterns (MFT)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Antique Linen, Broken China, Tumbled Glass, Unicorn White
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Bristol Smooth
Dies:  Party Like a Pirate, Otterly Love You, Surf & Turf (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Glossy Accents

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Sweet Stampin'

8 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Super duper cut Karren!

Claire said...

Your colouring just seems to get better every time I visit Karren - looks like you put so much effort into this. Loving that new set - next on my wishlist!

Cara said...

This is such a fun card, beautiful colouring too x

Linda Callahan said...

You are,amazing,with ink girl! This is gorgeous.....and adorable! You are rocking the challenges!

I Card Everyone said...

Karren this is SO fun! More please!? I'd love to see him slide down the sail like Jack Sparrow!!!
=] xx

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin, good luck!!! Amy DT

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful beach scene and I love your cute little pirate, Karren! Really charming slider card!!!

Sammy said...

Fabulous card! love it! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x