Sunday 4 June 2017

Stuck With You


Hi and welcome!  I made this card over a year ago for a DT challenge that never went ahead.  I've had these photos sitting in draft form on my blog ever since.  I've now decided that the Succulent challenge at Curtain Call is the perfect opportunity to get this post published :) I'm also linking up to a new-to-me challenge Southern Girls who have an Anything Goes theme this fortnight.



How I made the card is pretty obvious.  I stamped, colored and die-cut the succulents ant pots and set them aside.  The card base is Soft Stone and I used the Stitched Strip die on it to add interest.  The angled panels were die-cut with the Paper die by Paper Smooches and I can't remember if I stamped the notebook lines or if it was patterned paper.  I think it was a stamp, but not sure which one.



Finally I put the card together using foam tape under the black panel and also under the left-hand succulent pop.  Some baker's twine finished off the card.



Thanks for visiting.


.

Products used:

Stamps:  Sweet Succulents (MFT)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid
Cardstock:  Black, White, Soft Stone (PTI), X-Press It
Dies:  Sweet Succulents, Stitched Strip (MFT), Paper (Paper Smooches)
Accessories:  Copics, Baker's Twine, white gel pen

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Southern Girls Challenge.

15 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

Those succulents are beautifully colored and that sentiment makes me smile! Great card! Glad you finally shared it ;)

Jen Mitchell said...

LOL! Another project that's been kicking around the ol' craft room for ages! This is gorgeous - I'm so glad you took it out of draft mode and shared it with the us!

Ruth said...

I'm having a bit of a succulent phase at the moment. They don't really class as flowers do they, for the flower challenge? Fabulous card and it goes to show that you should never delete any blog posts :) xx

Cara said...

Fabulous card, love those succulents x

Jen W. said...

It couldn't be more perfect for the challenge! Your colouring on the succulents is gorgeous and I love those notepaper dies!

Darnell said...

This is so clever and fun, Karren! I think it was brilliant to shadow your notebook paper. The effect on the holes in the paper is tons of dimension. At first it looked like you had used some really awesome buttons! Love it and you're coloring is DIVINE!! Hugs, Darnell

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

Linda Callahan said...

Yeoow......wish I had such a gorgeous card just hanging around like that! Love that sweet touch of pink!

Chris said...

Fabulous! Love the image and colouring...lovel,y L/O too! thanks for playing along with the Southern Girls.
Chris
x

Lyn said...

Gorgeous card Karen, I have broken my Papertrey Ink succulent stamp set out to have a play. Just hope I get it done :)

Kim S said...

I'm so glad you got this on your blog!! LOVE how you colored those succulents with the variations in color. So fun on the notebook paper and they pop so well on the black and gray background.

I Card Everyone said...

well it's about time! Seriously, I just bought my very first succulent set ... this gives me great inspiration for coloring, Karren! thank you ... what's this I hear about your leaving TFC? =[

Barb Ghig said...

That's it! I 'need' to buy a succulent set after seeing this GORGEOUS card, Karren! Your coloring adds so much dimension to the images and your details are sheer perfection! LOVE this card!!!

Marisa said...

Fabulously coloured images!! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

Melody said...

Love the coloring! Thanks for playing with us at Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!