Sunday 8 October 2017

Doggy Love

Hi, I'm playing along with the challenges at MFT Stamps World Card-making Day.  This card is for the first challenge, ROYGBIV.  I also used the sketch from MFT Stamps and am playing along in the Make Your Mark challenge at Addicted to Stamps.


This is not the card I started out making!  I've been having a tough time of card-making lately, with each card taking me about 2 hours to make and having lots of re-dos!  I just wish the mojo would come back again!  In the end, though, I'm quite happy with this card.  

I stamped and colored the images and die-cut them with the matching dies.  I cut a black mod rectangle stax and then took a circular shape out of it using Inside/Out Stitched Circles.  I then cut a white mod rectangle stax and flipped it so the bottom right corner was a right angle.  Onto that panel, I sponged a rainbow of clouds using the Mini Cloud Stencil and Distress Oxide inks.  I adhered the black panel with foam tape and glued both panels to a white top-folding card base.



Finally, I adhered the girl and the dog with foam tape, added some clear sparkle pen to the heart and some Glossy Accents to the heart and the dog's nose.



Thanks for visiting!




Products used:

Stamps:  You Have My Heart (MFT)
Ink:  Intense Black, Versafine Onyx Black, Picked Raspberry, Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber, Twisted Citron, Peacock Feeathers, Wilted Violet Distress Oxide
Cardstock:  White, Black, X-Press It
Dies:  You Have My Heart, Mod Rectangle Stax, Inside/Out Stitched Circles, Slanted Sentiment Strips
Accessories:  Copics, Glossy Accents, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

6 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this card, Karren! You included so many unique ideas, too...the black background, the angled mod rectangle and my favorite, which is your rainbow clouds! Beautiful Copic coloring, too!
You did a great job playing along in all 4 challenges...especially since you're feeling a lack of mojo right now! Good for you!!!

Cara said...

Aww this is just adorable x

Tanja said...

love those rainbow clouds - thanks for playing along at the Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh my goodness - this is just stunning!

Linda Callahan said...

Total absolute sweetness!~

Creative world said...

Super cute image,fantastic coloring and design and sooo striking...thank you for joining us at ATSM challenge this week,hope to see you again
Željka DT xx